Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_47106605

Current colors for rental property? (interior paint)

User
5年前

I have always used Navajo White for this, and never thought much of it. Now that one place is vacant, and looking at the place after going through my own remodel at my home, I can see it looks a bit yellowy and boring. I would like to change it to something new.

I was told by others--landlords--that greige or light gray is "in" for rentals right now, and colors like Beige and off white are out.

But I combed through my local rental ads online for ideas and I just see a lot of builder beige type colors in the rental ads, or tan--not many grays. Although sometimes it's hard to tell on the monitor.

The rental is being remodeled and it's going to have oak colored cabinets and beigeish porcelain tile for flooring, and a new laminate countertop.

I need something that works with the kitchen elements and the tenants furnishings.

Thanks.

コメント (8)

• apple_pie_order
    5年前

Paint brand? Swiss Coffee and Cottage White are available at some Dunn Edwards without custom mixing because they are so popular in my area where many people have oak floors or other warm wood colors. Gray is trending out here.

Userさんはapple_pie_orderさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Dunn-Edwards Paints
    5年前

Here are some nice, versatile options for rentals:

UserさんはDunn-Edwards Paintsさんにお礼を言いました
  • latifolia
    5年前

Are you adding oak cabinets, or are they there already? We painted one rental grey five years ago. It’s an industrial loft with 14’ ceilings and concrete floors. The color works well.

We have another rental with oak floors, lower ceilings and less light. Wouldn’t do that in grey.

It really depends on the property and your target market. Maybe look for a very light greige. Be sure to choose an eggshell finish so it is washable.

Userさんはlatifoliaさんにお礼を言いました
  • Saypoint zone 6 CT
    5年前

The beige color of your floor tiles is going to dictate your wall color. Very often what looks like a neutral beige color turns out to be a pinkish beige which doesn’t look good with anything. Compare the color of your tile with a gold-ish beige and a green-ish beige to make sure it’s not pink. A very slightly green-ish beige will probably work with more colors, like a pale gray on the walls, or an off white, which will likely have a slightly yellow color. IMO. Also need to consider your countertop color.

• PRO
    Wm. H. Fry Construction Company
    5年前

Try to go with a decent brand that will touch up well. With some paints, if you want to repaint a part of the wall, you have to re-do the entire wall, otherwise it won't match.

• User
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thanks...I haven't looked at Houzz in a bit so I didn't see these. I decided on Gracious Greige. Going to do one room first as a test to make sure I want to do the whole house.

• User
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

I tried a large area of Gracious Greige and now I'm nervous because I think it may have some taupe undertones?

I understand what you're saying (Lori) about the floor but the only colors there are beige and some brownish swirls. If I paint the walls a color exactly matching the floors (beige) that will be boring...and I'm not sure how I feel about using a brown paint either.

What do you think about just using Dover White on the walls, with an extra white on the trim/doors?

PR