Houzz Logo Print
claytonjohnston

... I do wonder who washes dishes here ... and how?

There appears to be virtually no countertop space directly left and right of the sink … no dishwasher 'behind' … neither flanking the range nor around the corners of the island. Perhaps I'm just missing seeing it.
Detailed Decadence Kitchen | Astro Design | Ottawa, Canada · 詳細

コメント (2)

• PRO
    Astro Design Centre
    5年前

The dishwasher is on the side of the island by the sink, it is paneled.

• claytonjohnston
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thanks -- really that question was a mostly rhetorical. The floor plan shows the cabinet space for the dishwasher, and I understand that the wood panel is intended to make it disappear/blend.

I was more 'pointing' to the fact that it is atypically placed … around the corner, which might work well for the Owners in this case, but would be a stretch (literally) for most Dishwasher-people, I think. Perhaps that interesting-sink would allow for the Dishwasher-loading-person to stand at its end … actually around the cabinet corner and beside the dishwasher ? … avoiding too much dripping between sink and dishwasher as it's being load. Where there's a will, there's a way … sometimes. Where there's good design … accommodation is there too. I'd like to know (from Owners) that this works well (enough) -- the placement of these items certainly contributes to the neat and cool looks of the kitchen!