Houzz Logo Print
kristen_dumitrescu

Roman blinds - one blind or two separate blinds?

We are getting some roman blinds custom made for our bedroom and are having trouble deciding whether to get one blind that covers both windows, or two separate blinds (one for each window)?

Regardless of whether we get one or two blinds, the blinds will cover the architraves + window panes, i.e. they wont sit inside the architraves and just cover the window panes.

A photo is attached of the windows.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

コメント (15)

• Jason Treanor
    5年前
    Two blinds. There is a lot a detail in the rooms finishes so I think two blinds would work better.
    Kristen DumitrescuさんはJason Treanorさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    5年前

Your paired windows are beautiful. I would go with two roman blinds that match the same proportion of each window but hang them well above the architrave so that the the architrave detail is not concealed when the they are fully drawn up. A single roman blind, while cheaper, will have a much more horizontal, contemporary proportion and be at odds with the style of the window and your room.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

Kristen DumitrescuさんはDr Retro House Callsさんにお礼を言いました
  • siriuskey
    5年前

Well I have to say that I would go with one blind set up at Picture Rail height, Keep it simple, this will make the windows look better (already beautiful) and instead of having to draw 2 side by side blinds up and down, trying to keep them level not to mention the 2 lots of cords cheers

Kristen Dumitrescuさんはsiriuskeyさんにお礼を言いました
  • siriuskey
    5年前

A window seat would look lovely cheers

• KK1000
    5年前
    Kristen DumitrescuさんはKK1000さんにお礼を言いました
  • annb1997
    5年前

Absolutely beautiful windows and detail work in what I imagine is a marvellous room. I'm not sure about one or two blinds. You may want to think about how you will use two, will you always have them at the same drop or can you see wanting to adjust them differently. Having one draw will be easier I suppose. Could also consider the fabric - striped, patterned or plain, as this may have some bearing on your decision. It's really a visual and personal decision. I can see both working well. Have you already selected a fabric?

Kristen Dumitrescuさんはannb1997さんにお礼を言いました
  • Sarah Sarah
    5年前
    Two
    Kristen DumitrescuさんはSarah Sarahさんにお礼を言いました
  • sally wastie
    5年前

Two will look better

Kristen Dumitrescuさんはsally wastieさんにお礼を言いました
  • siriuskey
    5年前

Seems like the "2's" have it, are you going for a traditional style which would suit 2 blinds or contemporary which I think suits the single. Either way knowing my husband I would have them remote controlled to keep it simple. cheers

• legendaryflame
    5年前
    I think two hung high would look nicer.
    Kristen Dumitrescuさんはlegendaryflameさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Kristen DumitrescuさんはCelery. Visualization, Rendering imagesさんにお礼を言いました
  • KK1000
    5年前
    I would hang them up high under the cornice so you can pull them up just above the window to get maximum light but there is still enough room above the window to show off folds and the fabric.
    Kristen DumitrescuさんはKK1000さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Classic Roller Shutters and blinds
    5年前

It would be a shame to cover these windows they have so much character. You could consider putting a roller shutter or awning

on the outside of the window then you can still keep the beautiful look of the windows from the inside while maintaining your privacy at night.

• Kevin Anders
    3年前

Try one big vertical one! Itll be great! try using a online editor like qualityblinds.com.au so that you can have exactly what you need!