Houzz Logo Print
adeieso

Help with with wall art!

adeieso
5年前
colour, abstract, black and white canvas or frame? What would like nice above lounge?

コメント (15)

• bigreader
    5年前
    Def a large piece.
  • julie herbert
    5年前
    I would add a gorgeous fur throw and cushions to your couch to add a luxurious look ,love your coffee table , I remember your artwork above your buffet , fab piece, your room is looking beautiful, great choices.
  • KK1000
    5年前
    XL abstract colourful artwork .
  • PRO
    Lewisham Interiors
    5年前

What an elegant, clean-line sitting room?!

A large abstract canvas artwork would be ideal set along this wall and to have some colour with a touch of black and some white will add interest into the room while also anchoring the colour scheme successfully together.

The proportions of the selected artwork/s will be an important consideration, and as this wall space is long and rectangular in shape, a large single 'landscape' style artwork or series of two 'square' would work well to balance.

Some beautiful suggestions for artwork styles in the above comments!

• PRO
    Gallery 360
    5年前

Perhaps something with a soft organic feel..... Image available as a print on canvas, able to be custom sized to suit your requirements.

• m_mdimond
    5年前

Art work is a very subjective thing to each and everyone having their own taste, so in saying that look online for help and maybe even think of a tryptic that will space out yet form the one picture whatever you choose needs to be large but not over large to 'overtake' the space, I think you have to choose what style suits you as you will want to get pleasure from the addition to your home, as a retired art restorer I tend to like art that looks like it is supposed to but having said that there are some abstracts that are really eye catching, don't just pick a colour to match, make sure the colours are there but make sure you LOVE the artwork that it evokes a special feeling of WOW when you see it then you can't go wrong... good luck.

• SUZIE SILJANOVSKI
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

I feel you need something with colour bc it looks really cold. Maybe you can add a bit of green like the plant

the painting.

• m_mdimond
    5年前

Art should be picked on your reaction to it...pick something that 'speaks' to you, love it and be happy with it and yes I agree introducing some colour makes an impact but it should also be chosen because you love to look at it not because it matches everything, these is so much great art out in this Country I am sure you can fine something you love that enhances your area but one you also love to look at and admire as part of the whole décor...in my opinion as an art restorer and artist (retired) you should be able to achieve your perfect room with deciding what you like/love and follow through to achieve your desired look, one that suits you and your personality, other wise a room can still look 'cold' if you choose just to match something.

• PRO
    signarture
    5年前

All good advice above. It's such a personal choice - but introducing some colour would work well. Greens are easy to live with and this piece would certainly suit. Feel free to browse our online gallery for some inspiration!

signarture 'burrawang' perspex plexiglas artwork · 詳細

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    5年前

Get oversized wall art and center it with sofa. Your decor above credenza is too high. I lowered it.

• m_mdimond
    5年前

I disagree with lowering the artwork as much as the pic above has lowered it but it could be lowered a 'little as long it remains around eye level. to me and I reiterate this again is personal choice if it is too low from an aesthetic point of view it merges into the credenza and takes the focal point away from both art and credenza to me it seems to merge, otherwise depending on the height you hang a new artwork I'd leave it be so that when you do add new artwork see how it is with the aesthetic so that the two look 'right' together, just my point of view but once again it is all subjective to the home owner to be happy with her/his choice to enhance the living area and still have the ambience wanted.

• PRO
  • cloudpants
    5年前
    My goodness, what a stunning bedrom, SUZIE SILJANOVSKI!
  • PRO
    Moss Furniture
    5年前

Have you thought about a wall of mirrors rather than art work? Panels can be ordered in large lengths and butted together to cover a large space?