Houzz Logo Print
vicky_stenner

Tiles and flooring decisions for Victorian bathroom

We are completely renovating our bathroom - we have bought a white traditional Victorian bathroom suite, but I cannot make up my mind with decor.

It's an average size bathroom with 1 window, I want to keep it relatively light but still keep the relaxing ambiance.

The patterned tile below is the flooring we have decided on (it's vinyl to keep the cost down,) but I cannot make up my mind on what tiles to chose.

My concerns are:

- The cream will be too beige, and will clash with the white bathroom suite.

- The dark grey will be too dark.

- White metro tiles will be too 'public toilet' and too bright, and will clash with the cream in the flooring.

- I quite like the light grey, but will it look odd if the grey in the flooring is dark?

Also any suggestions of paint colour to go with the tiles?

Or if anyone has any other colour suggestions that I could explore that would be great too.

Thank you!

コメント (7)

• honeypoppet
    5年前

Hi Vicky,

We've just done our bathroom with patterned floor tile and a white metro tile. I think if you do a coloured grout it stops it from looking too public toilet-ish - we chose a light grey. I think the cream tiles are not quite right for your bathroom, and the light grey ones look a little blue-toned which I'm not sure would work. I don't think you'd have a problem with white looking odd against the beige in your floor tile as it is quite dark and therefore enough of a contrast.

I'll post a couple of pics of our bathroom - we painted the walls in a light grey too.

P.s. the subway tiles we chose were XL (30cm) and also matte finish for easy cleaning.

• Carolina
    5年前
    I think you can go for the dark grey tiles, especially if you’re not tiling all the walls up to the ceiling. White paint will brighten it up again. It’ll be lovely
    Buckinghamshire Full House Refurbishment · 詳細
    Vicky StennerさんはCarolinaさんにお礼を言いました
  • Vicky Stenner
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thank you for your advise and your photos, your bathroom looks fantastic, I love the grey paint with the white tiles. What brand and colour paint did you use? The dark grout seems like a good idea, at least it covers up any discoloration.

• Vicky Stenner
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thank you for your comment Carolina. I've seen that picture before, I think it looks amazing. Were tiling up to the ceiling around the bath/shower, and then halfway up for the rest of the room. Like you say white will keep it looking bright rather than too dark.

• honeypoppet
    5年前
    It was Dulux bathroom paint in Chic Shadow...they do these cute little testers so you can try it out...
  • PRO
    GROHE UK
    5年前

https://www.houzz.co.uk/ideabooks/109003990/thumbs/victorian-bathroom-spring-inspiration-2018We've just published an idea book with some insights on how to design a victorian bathroom. Hope this helps you!