Houzz Logo Print
delrey97

Is my range hood too high?

sunshine home
6年前
最終更新:6年前

Hey, just got the range hood installed, one of the last steps and my kitchen is almost complete. He installed it 30 inches from the top of the cooktop grills. Is It fine? Does the installation look ok? It just felt a tiny bit high, but I guess Im just used to my old one which was quite low.

コメント (17)

• Darzy
    6年前

Looks good to me. No worries. Enjoy your new beautiful kitchen!

• Irene Morresey
    6年前
    It's fine
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6年前

No , it is just fine. : ) The glass simply gives it a lighter , airier look. Is that what is bothering you ?

• jmm1837
    6年前

Looks fine. Nice kitchen. Enjoy!

• Karen
    6年前

I think its height looks fine (and your kitchen looks beautiful). The first thing I noticed was that the hood doesn't appear to be hanging straight - it looks a little cockeyed to me. Could be photo angle, or me...but wanted to alert you to check it out.

• sunshine home
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks! After using the kitchen, I think the height is fine now. I also think the top half of the range hood vent looks crooked, I’ll have the installer come check it out. Also any ideas for the lighting? I’m going to remove the old light, and get something new over the island. (Sorry for the messy kitchen)

• PRO
    Design Solution Group
    6年前
    Installer has to follow manufacturer specifications and city codes. usually is between 27" - 30" from the top on your burners. the higher the BTUs on your stove, the hight the hood has to go. it looks good!
  • PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    6年前
    Probably correct at 30". Beware of misleading photos and diagrams. The cooktop manufacturers installation instructions specifies minimum clearances which are rarely less than 30" for gas. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • PRO
    Design Solution Group
    6年前
    are the recessed lights new or existing? I will change them to white interior with a white trim so they dont look like polka dots in your ceiling. maybe add pendants over the island and under cabinet lights for task lighting
  • sunshine home
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Ahahha now I won’t be able to unsee polka dots! All my recessed lights are about 17 years old, Ive been thinking of upgrading them all to led lights, but I’m not sure how much that will cost as I have around 60 of these lights around the house.

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    6年前
    start by changing one room to LED... its an amazing transformation... more light, less heat, cheaper power bills.
  • PRO
    Design Solution Group
    6年前
    I agree, do one room at a time - white housing & white trim! you are getting thete
  • PRO
    OPPEIN Group
    6年前

It is ok for the height. But the range hood is kind of long may be due to other ceiling cabinets.

• PRO
    User
    6年前
    In Ontario (Canada) If it is a gas stove there is a measurement you must follow from the top of the burner (not grate) to the range hood. There is also a measurement to the cabinets. 18” horizontal & vertical area that can’t be combustible. We had an inspector who wouldn’t pass a customers occupancy permit. We had to prove to him the measurement was from the top of the burners not the grate that covered the burners.
  • RedRyder
    6年前
    Hard to tell where the fixture is - over an eating area? I& so, I’d go with a rectangular design to give the space more definition.
    The range hood is fine.
  • felizlady
    6年前
    The only things that matter would be (1) having the exhaust fan powerful enough to pull greasy air, odors and smoke up into the vent and out of the house and (2) the hood is high enough you won't bump your head.