Houzz Logo Print
webuser_433487

Where are the floors from? and what is the stain?

TdotNewbie
6年前
I am in the middle of a reno, and i am thinking of going with a Lauzon Carob Maple Hardwood through the full house - and seeing this, I feel more comfortable using dark floors in a space.
Penthouse · 詳細

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Lisa Stevens & Company, Inc.
    6年前

I do think mid-tone brown floors are coming back into style. They are classic! When going with dark floors, one thing to consider is whether you have a dog and how fastidious you are housekeeping-wise. Darker floors tend to show scratches, dust and hair more than mid-toned floors. That said, I'm afraid I can't help you with a spec for these as they were a developer upgrade we selected with our client when the condo was built.

• TdotNewbie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thanks Lisa , have you seen the lauzon carob maple floor ? The rooms have a lot of light , and it will be in the kitchen as well. No kids or pets here.
  • PRO
    Lisa Stevens & Company, Inc.
    6年前

Sounds like you have an ideal scenario for darker floors. I haven't seen the Lauzon floors in person. Online, they look quite nice. Be sure the stain doesn't have too much red pigment in it (it looks a bit red in the photos). A bit more black looks edgier.

• TdotNewbie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    It depends how the light hits it. It has a bit of red in it. Will wall color like greys keep it at bay in the event the red comes out more ?
  • TdotNewbie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    This is it in different lights, in its own and with other colours. In the photo with the other wood - the carob is the smaller piece.