Houzz Logo Print
pine67

Need advice on door color

pine67
10年前
I Just painted these doors the Aqua color at our cottage. Does this work?
I still have to paint out the white window trim aqua.

コメント (80)

• alwaysdesigning
    10年前
    I like it; very fresh. I love aqua blues. Good choice
  • msmliss
    10年前
    What! No further color swatches for us?....Please?
  • mefor
    10年前
    Hmmm, SW eminent bronze?
  • PRO
    Timberlane Shutters
    10年前
    Shutters that match this door color would make the house "POP" even more! At Timberlane, we are able to custom color match any color for our customers.
  • msmliss
    10年前
    Oh, no, Mforr; sorry, were you trying to come up with a green? No, and because I'm still waiting for Pine's thoughts on a 3rd color, I really wasn't going to suggest one. I'm just juicing with you! Can you share with me how all of you find these paint swatches and color name to post, and perhaps by the time I get Pine's input I'll have narrowed down a couple of shades?
  • mefor
    10年前
    I have fan decks and just google the name and number of color, then pick images that most closely resemble the true color and/or the look of color in application that I'm trying to convey :)
  • leelee
    10年前
    I like the "idea" of aqua but would have gone with a more muted, less vivid tone to blend more with the rustic cabin look.
  • msmliss
    10年前
    Thanks. I've always wanted one of those!
  • mefor
    10年前
    I'm sure if you ask nicely, sherwin Williams would send you one, or your local SW paint store would give you one. :)
  • Maggie Hugie
    10年前
    a pretty aubergine
  • msmliss
    10年前
    Ooooooh.......maybe! I'm juicin' with you!, girl friend! I'm thinkin' a muddy salmon terracotta? Notice the robin's egg blue whispers? And then there are the natural green....
  • msmliss
    10年前
    Here's a bigger one showing the robin's egg blue much better!
  • mefor
    10年前
    Like these?
  • Marilyn Wilkie
    10年前
    I love your choice of robin's egg blue. But I think that doing the rest of the trim might ruin the clean effect. hmmmm.... Glad to see someone who is not afraid of color. I love your cottage!
  • PRO
    Portraits By NC
    10年前
    I like the color you have chosen, but it needs something to tie it in with the rest of the home. I would add either some window boxes or a tall free standing planter in the same color of the door with some white flowers to tie it all in. Just my opinion :)
  • msmliss
    10年前
    Thanks, Mforr! Your color is nice with your swatches. I'm thinking less olive, more river jade...
  • Shobha Bhushan
    10年前
    You are bold in your color,it looks good ,but as has been posted by others there has to be color continuity,so some white flowering shrubs or climbers,some dash of perennials or planters in blue willcreate a nice feel
  • mefor
    10年前
    Which river jade did you mean?
  • pine67
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Marilyn Wilkie; your right I think adding the pop of blue all over would ruin the effect but subtle pops in planters or a bench would be nice.
    msmliss; I don't think a third color is need here sometimes a little is better than a whole bunch of colors.
    Shahmiri Fine Art; I love the idea of a tall free standing planter idea.....now just to find one to paint. I may have to build one.
  • msmliss
    10年前
    River jade green as in my color block. Thanks for posting your info page, however, I cannot navigate around on it on my screen, it's too big, I think the bottom part of the top left on (if it is the top one) comes closest to my post. I'm beginning to feel that I should stop playing with colors for her home at least and until she shares her thoughts on even choosing additional colors. I'm happy with the range of colors; this was fun. Thanks for playing with me.
  • msmliss
    10年前
    Oh! And there she is! Okay, Pine. 10 -4
  • mefor
    10年前
    You're welcome msmliss :)
  • leelee
    10年前
    Paint the white around the windows in the door. Looks cheap to leave the white plastic? unpainted. It should be the color of the door.
  • msmliss
    10年前
    On planters: what about a half barrel with a diluted color wash of robin's egg? What about a few weathered sections of picket fencing, curved, in front of your propane (?) tank with a color wash of robin's egg? A touch of whimsey with other pots & decorations to flank the ends and lead one happily toward your front door?
  • msmliss
    10年前
    It doesn't appear she has shutters. If I were to paint any one piece of trim it would be the trim around your front door, which would beef it up, making it more of a front door statement.
  • leelee
    10年前
    I don't think robin's egg blue will work with the bright aqua. Too close in color plus one's bright and one would be really muted.

Just curious, why did you not paint the white trim around the window in the door? Needs to be the color of the door.
  • pine67
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    msmliss; I don't have propane lol that's a tree cut in 6 foot lengths that will be chopped up soon. Yes I agree with some planters.
    leelee; I said on the original post that I still have to paint the white out on the door. I have to take out the insert to paint them properly and ran out of time this past weekend. Yes absolutely it needs to be painted.
  • pine67
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I am not getting shutters thanks. I would rather spend money on a BOAT lol.
  • pine67
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I may consider painting the trim around the door the same col....good idea msmliss.
  • shadon
    10年前
    I like it an I love Tennis anyones shed Id go for a green colour like that with the blue
  • mefor
    10年前
    Love that birch propane tank, it's the latest in propane technology!! Lol
  • leelee
    10年前
    Glad to hear that! I missed that last sentence in your post, oops!
  • tennisanyone
    10年前
    Pine67, I would get a boat too instead of shutters but it looks like you had them. I only showed you my shed to give you an idea of using three colors and tying in the accessories, bench, planters, birdhouse but not on your house. My shed blue is different from yours too. Since it is my shed, I didn't mind a little whimsy but I think your house should be more sophisticated with maybe just a bench and some plants and not so playful. Can you take a close up of the actual windows? I really did think you had shutters. Also, my shed had no color when I started but I did copy my shed and then played around with different color options before I started, such as which color I wanted more dominent but it matches the pillows on my deck.
  • pine67
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    There are storms for the winter time no shutters. Sorry I don't have a closer picture right now I am 4 hours away from the cabin.
  • PRO
    gingerclaire
    10年前
    This is all just making me think how nice it would be to have a cabin...
  • mefor
    10年前
    Gingerclaire, maybe an idea for that delightful garden shed? :)
  • PRO
    gingerclaire
    10年前
    Ha ha, yes, it had got me thinking!
  • Sarah Tyminski
    10年前
    I really like the aqua!!!!
  • PRO
    TKraft Art & Interiors
    10年前
    Like you have to ask... Great job. Love your choice of pop color as well as main house color.
  • pine67
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thanks so much for your comments. I am feeling good about the color choice. I will post after shots when the cabin is complete.
  • Marilyn Wilkie
    10年前
    pine67, you've got yourself the perfect little woodland cottage. Lots of character, a screened in porch and no lawn to mow! I'll be anxious to see the progress in the future. It would lend it self to some native shade plantings...things that virtually take care of themselves...hostas, etc.
  • Shobha Bhushan
    10年前
    Now some pics after some development will shed more light on the whole look.Going great though
  • tkjs68
    10年前
    Love it! It made me smile.
  • magdastiegler
    10年前
    I want you to help me with color pillows for my sectional
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10年前
    Looks good.
  • magdastiegler
    10年前
    I don't want color on my door .what I want in what color pillows I need for my sectional
  • mefor
    10年前
    Hi magdastiegler, you need to start your own dilemma page. Then people will post suggestions to you :) also you might want to post a slightly brighter picture so we can see the colors of your carpet and get a better idea of sofa color.
  • PRO
    gingerclaire
    10年前
    Create your own thread and ask for help - you'll get far more replies that way than by putting it at the bottom of somebody else's thread about their door.
  • Shobha Bhushan
    10年前
    some orange colored pillows,with dark pink and yellow ones too ,you may all square ones or right at the point whaere the sectional meets you can have a round pillow which has bold prints,choice of pattern and design depends on what you like.The curtains can be sheer with red motifs on warm yellow background or even of white background.
  • gretje
    10年前
    You've probably had heaps of advice which I haven't read, but I think the door would look better as a deep mulberry red. The aqua is too insipid for me. Cream window trim would be good.