Houzz Logo Print
info398179

Colour advice please for a shed and fence , tiny ' garden'

Hello,

any experienced shed/ fence painters here ;) ?

I am thinking plain light grey ish with hint of purple or pink ,

our lounge is grey minky / silver with fuchsia corner sofa and few pinky accents.

I do like forest mushroom ( or something bit lighter ? ) from Cuprinol.

I can paint the left and back fence too . any suggestions on color?

I don't think I can touch right side as the color will leak to neighbors and she won't be happy ...

Oh and the bench I would like to be painted same color as shed .

Thank you for your suggestions. :)

コメント (10)

• Emily
    6年前
    My goodness the shed is big for size of garden! Personally I would go dark on shed and actually there are some good v dark purple aubergine paints. But I would also suggest looking to get some very very light hard standing or even white gravel to lighten up. When we had a covering of snow a few weeks ago it reminded me how much difference a light patio covering makes to interior light levels.
  • Patrina
    6年前
    How about cuprinol Coastal Mist?
  • PRO
    Nordikka - Bespoke Furniture & Steel Doors
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Shed is massive ! I know . Hubby has a decorating business , it's his 'pride ;) built around the tree which is to big for the garden too... before I moved in all shed stuff was in the living room ...

I do like coastal mist too, not sure if would go dark on the shed as due to massive tree garden is shaded

• Emily
    6年前
    I think the door of the shed attracts the eye much less than the walls of the shed. And the door is darker. I’m just pointing that out because I’ve painted a few fences, pergolas and sheds in my time and the first few times I tried light and out of desperation then went dark and have worked out dark recedes. Plus, rough wood is hard to paint and shows that it’s rough much more obviously than dark.
    But if you husband is a decorator I bet he can do a great job whatever you pick. :)
  • Sonia
    6年前
    I think paint colours, whether in the garden or indoors, are a personal thing, but I think a nice dark grey would look very smart and will make the shed recede back. Light colours highlight things and I shouldn’t think you want to highlight that one lol! You can than pop some large green plants in pots in strategic places and they will really shine against the dark grey, plants like Fatsia and grasses like Miscanthus.
  • PRO
    Tierra Designs Ltd
    6年前
    I too think it is a personal choice, simply having the door and the shed the same colour will make a world of difference, that goes for the back fence and gate too. I would normally suggest a dark colour for sheds and fences as it helps to hide them, but there's no hiding that one! good luck with it all.
  • PRO
    Decóra Cement
    6年前

Hello! Good Afternoon!

I would like to offer you our product that is currently trend I serves both indoor and outdoor

(This is one of our exterior projects as you can see Our Microcement its Waterproof and looks really nice ! )

In this picture you can see our Samples :

If you really like i please contact us at www.decoracement.com and get a free quotation filling the Quote Form!

• PRO
    AL PAINTING
    6年前

paint used: F&B

• rachelmidlands
    6年前
    Are we sharing shed pics again:) Mine is blue as well. Atlantic blue by Sadolin Superdec. Agree with others, a dark colour then brighten things up with potted plants and paint the bench in a nice bright cheery colour.