Houzz Logo Print
caedmom

L-Shaped/Corner Window Help!

K. Cooper
6年前
最終更新:6年前

Struggling to find a reasonable solution to update window treatments on this West facing L-shaped window. Wood surround has a ton of plastic (cheap window) including the frame around the screens, so painting is not doable without looking worse. Originally thought cafe shutters, but again, structure of the window takes this option out of the running. Cafe curtains with long panels on either end? There little if any depth to the window frame so using tension rods are out. Would like to privacy but allow more light in (hence the cafe height option). All ideas and suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance!

コメント (5)

• decoenthusiaste
    6年前

I think the style of curtains you have is the best option, but I would get some heavier ones (blackout or sun resistant) if you can afford them. Since it faces west, some of the new high-tech window film would be another option to reduce heat, glare and fading of your floors or furniture. With the crank style, it will be difficult to install any blinds or shades unless the crank folds into the mechanism to be less obvious. They are more contemporary windows, so I think cafe curtains are a little "off" and more old fashioned (although I've seen some really great ones.) I had corner west windows in a house but they were double paned. I just hung a single panel at each end for softness, pattern and color. Since they were stationary, I used a small bathroom towel rod to hold them. Looked great, but I have no pix to share.

• R M
    6年前
    Did you consider Roman shades? If custom is not in the budget there are reed ones that are inexpensive. If that is too bare looking use side hangs with them.
  • enjoythejourney
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

If hiding the “cheap” windows is a priority, I’d add another drapery panel (or 2) to the elbow of the L, so it appears you have two windows (versus stacking them on the left). I agree with using lined panels and you could also add sheers, for daytime privacy without blocking the light. If you use sheers, but still want to be able to close the drapes, you’ll need a double rod/two rods.

• CYNTHIA JONES
    6年前

You could consider shades - there are styles that allow you to lower from the top or raise from the bottom. Graber blinds and Hunter Douglas both carry them. Another possibility- we have Hunter Douglas shades in a powder room that are fabric, but you can set them to open or shut sort of like blinds (The Silhouette line)

• PRO
    Windows Dressed Up
    5年前

love the idea of Roman shades fr this space! Let us know what you decided to do. :)