Houzz Logo Print
salalitten

wanting to try wallpaper!

Laurie
6年前
I’m wanting to maybe do something graphic. Since it’s a small area with three doors, I feel like I can do something pretty bold- but, our entire living area is open concept so I want it to flow. I’m going to try to add some pics of our living area and kitchen too. We have one big wall of painted white shiplap but I don’t want to incorporate any more of that trend.

コメント (22)

• gtcircus
    6年前
    What room are you wanting to wallpaper?
  • Laurie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    The front door area :)
  • Stacey
    6年前
    They have removable peel and stick wallpaper if you do not want to commit to the adhesive paper.
  • Elle
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I would alternatively suggest creating more interest in the front hallway by getting a taller (but still shallow) console table, a taller lamp, and piece of vertical canvas artwork instead of the mirror.

• Laurie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thank you both! Great ideas!
  • Laurie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Elle, I’m going to look at my lamp collection and maybe move a large abstract canvas piece I already have, over there! Really great ideas!!
  • arcy_gw
    6年前

Anything larger in that area would overwhelm. What you have works, perhaps just a brighter color--you have a lot of (YAWN) gray going on. That area would be a pain to paper and get it off when you tire of it. There will be a lot of seams--to pop and a lot of wear and tear in an entry. Really think it through before you commit!!

• PRO
    hurst visual solutions
    6年前

I like entry halls with a table, mirror, and a lamp. I just think you need a much larger mirror hung lower, ( to fully check yourself out before you leave the house ), and the lamp reflecting in the mirror will brighten up the whole space. I'd just snap some photos with your phone and head off and look through wallpaper books ( if they even still have those ). That may give you all the inspiration you need. I like a little metallic in a small space, not something you'd use for an entire room. That brightens and adds interest. Then, there are wallpapers that look 3-D and this one just blew me away..

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I would go with couple lamps and bigger mirror, wall art on opposite wall

• Laurie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    You are all so amazing!!! I seriously appreciate these opinions :) I actually do have a table and lamp next to the sofa now, that was an older pic :) here is a more updated photo:
  • Laurie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    I also really love the two lamp and bigger mirror idea.
  • Laurie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    I do have a lot of gray which is boring me as well, lol! I think I may ask my hubby to paint the entry black, instead of wallpaper!
  • Laurie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Okay Patricia- what do you think of this artwork? Traded a piece from our stairway :)
  • jlj48
    6年前

Go for the wallpaper for an eye catching entry. Why not! Just be sure to prep the walls and use good vinyl wallpaper to make for easy removal if you tire of it later.

• decoenthusiaste
    6年前

Looks like you have some artwork you can move around, but when you do, make an attempt to hang it properly. It is all too high right now. Center lone pieces 5' above the floor, or 5" above furniture; it should be no more than 75% of the furniture's width, and should not arrive at or above door and window frames.

• User
    6年前

When you have time... I would make a casing for that feed sack, put a dowel through it or tack it to a lath/yardstick so it's nice and flat/straight. Then hang it.

• Melissa Gallagher
    6年前
    I would not paper the foyer. Do you have a powder room you could paper?
  • PRO
    Clare Sells Homes, Inc.
    6年前

Beautiful home! :) A larger mirror would be perfect in that area, I have found some of my favorite mirrors at Home Goods. Try the peel and stick wallpaper first before you commit, I have seen it done in an entryway and it was a fun way to enter, always the first thing guests complimented on...:)

• cpaul1
    6年前

You have some real decorating problems in that house. I would not do graphic bold wallpaper, that will only add to the other kind of chaotic, mismatched things you have going on. Find someone with some decorating sense who can help you work within the totality of those open concept spaces.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    6年前

No one loves wallpaper more than I, but I am going to agree that wallpaper for the spaces you have shown us shouldn’t be wallpapered.

Do the powder room or guest bathroom. There is no reason why a bathroom can’t be wallpapered if you run your fan when showering. One of the best brands is Thibaut. We use that in resort bathrooms and it holds up perfectly.

What I would consider is painting the interior doors black. You have the perfect wall color and trim to do that successfully.

• PRO
    LeBlanc Design
    6年前

I would look at some grass cloth wallpaper, it will be a bit softer and add tons of warmth to the space. Phillip Jeffries has amazing choices! Good luck

PR