Houzz Logo Print
angela_smith7792

Matching or coordinating accent chairs?

We are a few weeks into living in our new construction house and have finally made some progress on new furniture. We are keeping the dark leather sofa (I know it's dark and oversized but it's extremely comfortable and durable, and we like that with two young kids). We will be getting rid of the leather chair and replacing it with a cream loveseat (see below). We plan to order two accent chairs, which will go where the Christmas tree currently is. A small table will go between the two accent chairs, additional end tables + lamps will be added after the furniture comes in. The TV is being upgraded to a larger size and will sit just above a barn door media console.

QUESTIONS:

1. I'm debating on getting either A) two of the white/gray striped accent chairs OR B) one white/gray striped chair and one of the darker grey chairs with the lighter white accents
2. Need area rug recommendations
3. Was thinking about getting a white barn door media console and staining the top to match the mantle - but after some other feedback, I'm second guessing the white. I thought it would pull in the white from the kitchen cabinets but perhaps too stark?

CURRENT SPACE - view #1

CURRENT SPACE - view #2

PROPOSED LIVING ROOM SET (loveseat + 2 accent chairs)

BARN DOOR MEDIA CONSOLE (debating on white or another color; top will match mantle)

コメント (10)

• PRO
    Barnes Custom Builders
    6年前

I'm not sure which chair is which, in your A/B descriptions. In any case, I think it also depends on the placement of them in the room, and the scale of each chair. Many furniture stores offer in-home design services for a small fee, and that person would be able to help you with the the unit, rug, and placement etc. I think it would be money well spent. ( I do like the white tv unit and think it would work)

• Angela Smith
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Chair A = bold print with white & grey triangles
    Chair B = smaller scale print that is primarily dark grey with white accents

• Angela Smith
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Bueller? :)

• della70
    6年前

Not a fan of chairs without armrests. I like the small scale print chair. I would get both the same, however you go. I think for a medium size room that you relax in, the patterns should be restful and soothing which is why I like the small print. Perhaps with small children, you might consider a console that is closed instead of half-open, to keep little hands away from electronics. If you also think about storing family games and such in the console, those doors will not do it. Love the open plan and beautiful floors! Good luck in your new home!

• PRO
    Hamer Interior Design
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

You should do matching chairs. The space is not that big and it would bring order to it. You can choose a fun pattern and bring the color palette to some pillows for the sofa to make it all flow. If you are putting the sofa on the wall by the window make sure to use sun friendly fabrics. Your home is beautiful.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    6年前

I wouldn’t get the love seat. it will be odd man out.

Instead turn the sofa you are keeping and face it to the fireplace.

Buy two swivel chairs; coffee table and rug. The swivel chairs will allow seater to see the tv on the new white media piece.

• Angela Smith
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks, Judy, I appreciate that advice. I am struggling somewhat with the loveseat as well. For those that are curious, the room is bigger than it looks. It's 19x19, and our only living space. A couch and two chairs is simply not enough seating. We need seating for at least 6, 7 or 8 is preferred.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    6年前

Angela, I know you said you didn’t want to get rid of sofa, BUT, a loveseat and two chairs was in your budget. What if you did remove it all and invest in a sectional which would give you both seating for 7/8 and see both fireplace and t v/new console.

Often what is overlooked for extra seats, on occasion, is a fireplace bench.

I am lucky to have one from the 1800’s which I have recovered a million times. It is my most favorite and versatile piece. For the few times you have crowd, the bench works perfectly.

I would love to see this bench, from Room and Board in front of your fireplace.

• Angela Smith
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Yes, I have considered a sectional! We host a lot of gatherings (bible study, church meetings) where we need more space for conversation - not dinner parties - so a fireplace bench might help. Thank you!