Houzz Logo Print
jane_gregg50

Wall color

jane
6年前
curious about what color blue that is. (Realizing that each house has different lighting etc....)
Private Residence · 詳細

コメント (3)

• PRO
    OLSON LEWIS + Architects
    6年前

Hello Jane,

Thank you for your interest in this project.

The white paint is Benjamin Moore, White Dove. Not sure which Benjamin Moore blue was used. I have included our standard “MATCHING A PAINT COLOR FROM A PHOTOGRAPH” info below.

FYI - the window seen in the photograph is part of a bank of south facing windows, so there is lots of natural light in the room.

Also interesting to note is that paint colors in keeping with the overall color scheme were given to the children. Their resulting artwork sits above the family computers.

MATCHING A PAINT COLOR FROM A PHOTOGRAPH
    As far as sourcing the blue from the photo, keep in mind that a photograph is not always a true representation of the actual color chip. The look of the paint will vary depending on things such as:

. room proportions

. size and orientation of the windows

. time of day and intensity of available natural light

. the color of surroundings (floor, ceiling and furnishings etc.)

We suggest you take a print out of the photo you like to the paint store. Gather a few chips that are within range but offer a variety of options (i.e. chips that are lighter, darker, more red, more blue etc), and try them in the area to be painted.

Another approach is to use the online resources from paint companies such as Benjamin Moore to help you choose color.
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/explore-paint-colors

Their PERSONAL COLOR VIEWER® allows you to upload a photo of your room and ‘paint’ it colors of your choosing.
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/personal-color-viewer

And lastly, words of wisdom from Kristina, from Kristina Crestin Design;

“Painting really big samples and living with them for a bit is key!”

Hope this helps!

• jane
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you for your answer. Totally agree with you regarding not choosing paint colors from a photograph on a computer. In your list of variables you could also include the palette and resolution of the computer, which can vary and change the way an image look. But I have found it helpful to ask as a starting place when I am looking at the color in our space. Thank you!!

• PRO
    OLSON LEWIS + Architects
    6年前

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback!