Houzz Logo Print
c_fay

Too many choices of white

c_fay
6年前

We are in the middle of building our new home and need to start looking at which colour white to paint the interior of our house.

Some features and current tones include:

Sydney blue gum timber floors

Jarrah stained truss roof and 6m timber beam feature poles to the entry and rear deck

Advance Basalto Nero Lappet floor tiles in wet areas & white gloss wall tiles

Carrara stone bench tops (kitchen, vanities), white kitchen & butlers pantry

silver laminate to wardrobe doors

Exterior colours - Ironstone, basalt & shale grey

We seem to get wonderful natural light with the high ceilings and open plan living with 3 x large sliding doors to the 4m deck.

My partner currently has Antique USA and is keen for something similar. I am more taken by the cool whites particular with our other colourings however not wanting to have a clinical/stark feel, rather soothing, relaxing and fresh.

I would value suggestions.

コメント (10)

• bigreader
    6年前
    Match your white kitchen cupboards. Will look seamless.
  • C P
    6年前
    we have the same floors and lots of natural light and I'm loving Snowy Mountains Half.
    c_fayさんはC Pさんにお礼を言いました
  • annb1997
    6年前

• sarah_eddy6
    6年前

With a mixture of warm & cool tones going on, I'd go with a really safe white such as Dulux Natural White. Too cool and it will jar with the timbers, and too warm and it will look grubby with your marble etc. But of course, sample pots!

• PRO
    Cath Tonkin Interiors
    6年前

You haven't mentioned the white in the kitchen - is it painted or a laminate? You'll need to consider this and the benchtop. Carrara has grey undertones and whites with a yellow base will look wrong. Matching the kitchen colours would be my starting point.

• c_fay
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

kitchen - butlers pantry is simple white laminate. The main kitchen will be 2pac white and yes this is another white we have to match

• Creativelychallenged
    6年前

try snowy mountain quarter........i would suspect it would go with both warm and cool tones..i have in my house after having had both of the other colours that you have mentioned, and the SMQ is just so much more versatile....there are a few discussions about it on this site if you want to do a search

• Sharyn
    6年前
    We had the exact same dilemma and eventually - because we couldn’t decide, we chose Dulux white on white it turned out a treat! Good luck
  • Sharyn
    6年前
    Oh and we have 80’s slate floors- the paint tones them down somewhat making everything fresher and easier on the eye.