Houzz Logo Print
rayan_siva

Which tapware material should I choose?

Rayan Siva
6年前
最終更新:6年前

Hey, currently renovating the bathroom in my period home!

Have decided on everything except what material I should use for the fittings (Brass,Chrome,Nickel ETC).

The home is an 1885 Victorian throughout and I want at least some elements in the bathroom.

Going for the same floor tile and wall tile as the picture below! All help is appreciated!

Nickel
Chrome
Brass
"Antique Copper"
Other

コメント (6)

• charlimarly
    6年前

What ever the colour of that towel rack is in the picture would look great! I wouldn't go anything too dull or grey because it'll make your room look very grey. A nice shiny Chrome or something with a bit of a different under tone.

• deester
    6年前
    We have just finished renovating two bathrooms and I was adamant I didn’t want shiny chrome. I insisted on Astra Walker’s brushed platinum tapware and fittings. Whilst it does look a bit gorgeous, I’m afraid it’s not worth the extra 25-30% we paid for it (shhhh, thank god my husband isn’t on Houzz!!). With all special finishes I find you need to be quite particular about wiping down the fittings otherwise they look grubby with water stains.

Hindsight you marvelous thing, you’re always 20/20 aren’t you??!! I’ll be sticking to good quality chrome if we ever renovate again. Especially since you can get such a wide variety of styles that suit anything from a Victorian style bathroom to pure minimalism. Good luck.
  • olldroo
    6年前

Chrome adds a touch of bling regardless of the era and it always looks clean.

• PRO
    Cath Tonkin Interiors
    6年前

If your budget can manage it, look at nickel - Perrin & Rowe have a beautiful range that will add that traditional touch you are looking for, much like your photo. Other finishes other than chrome will fall into a "trend zone" and require more upkeep.

• Dawn Park
    6年前
    I think black would be good as brass goes off over the years