Houzz Logo Print
1970sflyingwing

Kitchen A (cook top in island) or Kitchen B (sink in island)?

1970sflyingwing
6年前
最終更新:6年前

We've been pondering this kitchen reno for some time now as we don't want to throw a bunch of money at it and then regret something so obvious to someone else walking into our home! [I apologize as the 2 pics differ in perspective--the first was a static rendering of the whole kitchen and the second is snipped from a 360 rotating view.]

Kitchen A (cooktop in island; wall oven to right of sink)
Kitchen B (sink in island)

コメント (7)

• PRO
    T&K Contractors Inc.
    6年前

For more tips on kitchen renovation and fotos of our designs, visit our web page: T&K Kitchen Renovations

• sm m
    6年前
    Between the two options I would pick a sink. I have a stovetop and it's not a pretty centerpiece in my kitchen! I would rather have an island with a solid countertop.
  • woodteam5
    6年前

I like a clear island.

I also like a designated 'hot' area. When I cook with a griddle for a crowd, I may use it on the island but move it to the stove until it cools. Everyone knows what is on the stove could be hot. The island sometimes has seating or decorations or kids papers. I don't want that near a stove.

• PRO
    Efficiency Plumbing & Remodeling, INC
    6年前

I would pick neither as well but if I had to chose one it would be the sink. Having a stove top on the island where people all stand around could be dangerous if its hot...

• Dancingtree
    6年前

It doesn't look like you have any room to not have one or the other on the island. Is there any space to move the fridge to the left and put the cook top in that general area (if the first picture is accurate)? Of course, that means moving cupboards and putting in a vent above it.... I tend to agree that the stove top on the island isn't the safest thing. Plus I like the sink over the window.

Do you have any new pic's that we can work with?

• karelakadva
    2年前

If you cook a lot on the stove, I'd choose option A, to have stove on island and sink near window for better cleaning dishes in light. You already have L-shape island, so cooktop on one side will still let people sit/stand on other side. My personal opinion is that anyone who sees a stove nearby won't dare go near n put their hands on it, so nothign to fear about danger of being hot n hurt.

Even if you do prep more than cooking, I'd not choose putting sink in the island, coz no one wants to see dirty dishes & mess when socializing around island. Or even family members for that sake.

I am building a new home, and since I cook a lot on stove, I want to be facing my family & guests when cooking, or warming up meals or even serving them.