Houzz Logo Print
cianor

What colour picture frames?

cianor
6年前

I've got these two beautiful paintings which are approx. 41cm x 32cm incl mat. I need to get some frames and really don't know what colour to get. Most likely they will be hung next to each other on a white or cream wall. The mats also look a good bit darker than they are; they are a light cream in colour. I'd love to get your thoughts.

コメント (7)

• siriuskey
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I would use simple black metal frames and would love to see larger mats. cheers

• cianor
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you, both for helping me narrow the choices down. I'll bring the watercolours along and see what works well in the black and dark dark grey (liking the sound of this).

• siriuskey
    6年前

What style of furnishing do you have in the room that you will hang them, love water colours cheers

• lomboshouse
    6年前

I am with cianor - a dark gray to pick up the same tone of the paintings. Also, I would give them a ......I forgot what it's called.... a wider mounting.....to make them standout even more.

• PRO
    Gary Hamer Interior Design
    6年前

I agree - matt black or charcoal with larger size backing. Make sure the thickness of the frame doesn't overwhelm the artworks.

• cianor
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

We are hoping to renovate downstairs later in the year, so I'm not sure yet where they shall go yet. At the moment next to the stairs, which is a wrap around with double height ceiling.

The watercolours are from a small coastal village Schull, in Ireland, so I want to showcase them as they remind me of home.

Thanks again all for your suggestions. Much appreciated!