Houzz Logo Print
tammypierrepont

How should I dress these windows?!?

bauerash05
6年前

We recently moved into a new home and just yesterday removed the horrible 80's valances...ick! Would love some advice on what to do with these windows...I have no plans to keep the green roller shades but not sure if I should replace with new shades, put up curtains, or both (they measure 35" x 68"). Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

コメント (7)

• suzyq53
    6年前

Natural shades would compliment your other choices.

Pacific Palisades · 詳細

Beach Style Bedroom · 詳細

bauerash05さんはsuzyq53さんにお礼を言いました
  • outshopping422
    6年前

I agree natural shades would look great...I would add curtain panels :)

bauerash05さんはoutshopping422さんにお礼を言いました
  • jbtanyderi
    6年前
    Roller shades definitely cut down on sun fading. I would add a roman shade to each window for a more attractive evening appearance. The current rug seems to small
    bauerash05さんはjbtanyderiさんにお礼を言いました
  • bauerash05
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you so much for your suggestions! :)

• PRO
    The Shade Store
    6年前

Hi bauerash05,

For your windows, you could either layer treatments under drapes or have individual treatments on each of the windows. It really depends on the look you’d like the most!

The benefit to layering is that you could do a sheer layer with a more private layer and then you have the ability to control how much light/privacy you have at any given time. A good example of this is layering a privacy lined Drapery over Solar Roller Shades - this would maintain your visibility out of the windows as you can see through most solar shades, but then you could close the draperies for more privacy. We’re happy to assist you further with your project! We can provide you with free swatches, photo renders and more!

THE SHADE STORE

t: 800.754.1455

design@theshadestore.com

bauerash05さんはThe Shade Storeさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    6年前

OoOooohh...adding some drapery would be wondrous with your existing solar shades. There's no need to replace, if they are functional.

The art of layering · 詳細

Ooooooor look at this! PRETTY patterned roller shades, paired with neutral drapery.

The art of layering · 詳細
    You have delicious options.

Looking forward to seeing the result!

bauerash05さんはGordon's Window Decorさんにお礼を言いました