Houzz Logo Print
sarahpizz

Kitchen Cabinet Layout - 3 options!

Sarah
6年前
最終更新:6年前

Hello!

I'm debating between 3 cabinet layout options for our kitchen - would love your thoughts!

We removed a window above the sink, and now have space for more cabinets, but I'm not sure how heavy I want to go.

Storage space isn't a concern- with the new island, we have more than ever, and these above the sink are a bonus.

The look we're going for is more contemporary - not traditional. I originally wanted the look on the 1st option- clean, minimalist (and maybe even a pop of color on those doors) and then I'd do something cool with the backsplash up the wall - but then I thought I'd see what the good folks of Houzz thought!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

コメント (12)

• acm
    6年前

My order of preference is the order in which they're listed. I think a pop of color could be fun, or you could help keep it light by using some glass in that set of cabinets (even if it's frosted, to keep with the modern style). Where I've had to put cabinets over a sink in a rehab, I've found that a nice effect.

Brag pics · 詳細

Here are a few other examples of the same approach in a modern context...

Binary House · 詳細

Dwane · 詳細

Crane Residence · 詳細

Kitchen · 詳細

Miami Beach - Miami By PepeCalderinDesign - Interior Designers Miami - Modern · 詳細

The Agarita Castle · 詳細

and here are a few taking your initial approach:

Leblon Apartment · 詳細

Laight Loft · 詳細

Sarahさんはacmさんにお礼を言いました
  • Sarah
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Great ideas! Thank you acm! These photos help give me an idea about how to mix the doors without getting too weird- thank you!

• Sarah
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Debbi - Thank you for these photos! They are beautiful! Unfortunately, our window looks at a cinder block wall about 3 feet away, and then the house next door about 6 feet away.. no light comes in at all. With our HOA options, we can remove the window completely, or replace it with a window "of similar style" to the current facade - no frosting, and no "modern elements" visible from the outside- hence the ditch-the-window plan. :)
    We're lucky enough to have the side wall (to the right of the slider that's seen in these drawings) open up to an accordion wall that goes into the backyard.. so we still get a good amount of "bring the outside in" effect which helps a lot!

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    6年前

That's too bad ... I would then suggest glass doors on that sink wall to bounce the light around or open shelves above the sink area... or a combination of both...

Good luck!!

• Momof5x
    6年前

If you have another window in the kitchen, go for option 3. Looks more balance cabinet wise.

SarahさんはMomof5xさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    T&K Contractors Inc.
    6年前

Option 3 displays continuity in the cabinetry, for more ideas on kitchen renovations visit our web page: T&K Kitchen Remodeling

SarahさんはT&K Contractors Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Rosenhaus Design Group, Inc.
    6年前

None of the layouts have any continuity. There's no flow. You have heavy on the right, then it should transition to medium going towards the corner and lightest around the hood. See photos above.

SarahさんはRosenhaus Design Group, Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • Sarah
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Hi all,

Thank you again for the ideas and feedback- wanted to share the final result!

• PRO
    Rosenhaus Design Group, Inc.
    6年前

Very similar to your #2. The corner diagonal wall cabinet throws me off in a sculptural sense. What cabinet brand?

• Sarah
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

The cabinets (and white doors) are Ikea. The silver/glass doors are by Dendra Doors.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    6年前

Looks awesome!!! great job!