Houzz Logo Print
rkapur

LR rug suggestion & thoughts on LR design?

Rebecca K
6年前
Hi everyone, I've been thinking I need a rug. I have white carpeting that is older (I just moved into this place and don't have a lot of $ to spend). I was thinking a large ivory shag, starting under the sofa front legs. But would it be better to place the rug (whatever it is) in the open carpet area in front of the fireplace? Your thoughts welcome!

1st pic: Walking in door of condo
2nd pic: view from further down hallway of opposite facing wall.

コメント (2)

• havingfun
    6年前

people do not like to put carpets over carpets, how about pillows?

Amazon.com: Monkeysell Lotus Leaf Butterfly Flowers Pattern Cotton Linen Throw P · 詳細

Amazon.com: Monkeysell Lotus Leaf Butterfly Flowers Pattern Cotton Linen Throw P · 詳細
    above couch below chairs

• PRO
    Decasa Designs LLC. (Design, Build & Remodeling)
    6年前

I think putting a solid rug on top of another solid rug, will not do the trick here . I understand about not having the budget to invest in new carpets or hardwood floors. My sugestion would be get a bold patterned rug, with some different colors from your existing pieces, and then some pillows that would pul the main accent color for the design. One thing that may update the look of that fireplace as well as the get metal paint and spray it black or silver. I would also move all the furniture from being close to walls and float all items to make it more cozy around the fireplace ! Let me know if I can be of any additional help to you!