Houzz Logo Print
romina_iwikau

Which vanity top (colour/material) doesn't go out of date?

Romina Iwikau
6年前
最終更新:6年前

We are looking at updating all 3 of our bathrooms and are considering leaving the vanities but replacing the tops, handles, sinks and taps. I'm not sure which material to use, laminate, engineered stone or granite. Due to the all wood in our home, i'm leaning towards a plain white top and sink. A clean, simple design that i can add color to.

What material and color would you say would date the least? It seems as though the marble or flecked look would out date the fastest. Pictures below are in order of bathroom.

コメント (4)

• PRO
    Aurora Australis Interior
    6年前

A plain white engineered stone (found in most ranges like Caesartone, Eurostone, PrimeStone etc) will be your best bet - It does not require sealing unlike granite, and will last longer than laminate and will perform well in wet areas. For small areas it will not cost a bomb!

• Bernadette Staal
    6年前

You are so right white is never out of fashion. I would set your budget and then look at your options. If you plan to stay in the house for many years then spend to the top of your budget (if that is going to give you a life time of pleasure), if you plan on being at the home for only a short time / few years then I would go mid range so it looks lovely, will have good resale value but you can invest your well earned money to go towards something else as well. Obviously Marble / Granite is the top of the range but there are so many cheaper and very attractive options these days that look just as good.

• Romina Iwikau
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks for the advise, I am waiting for a quote on gloss laminex which looks like marble. I'd rather spend the big bucks on our kitchen benches. I'm now trying to decide on basin, taps, bath and toilets.

• PRO
    Absolute Design Group Ltd
    6年前

A Gloss Laminate top might not cost much less than a low price Engineered Stone. You only need 20mm thick. If the Laminate is not done properly it can blow out if water gets into it.

I always say do it once do it right.