Houzz Logo Print
hkl1970

What window treatments are a good investment?

I want to install window treatments that will work if I decide to change the furniture or wall color in my apartment. In other words I don't want something limiting (e.g. Long drapes in a patterned fabric). Ideally I'd like to install window treatments that would add to the resale value of my place--or at the very least not detract from it. Any suggestions?

コメント (3)

• apple_pie_order
    6年前

Try custom shutters if appropriate for your climate, but don't expect that their cost will be added to the appraised value of the apartment.

• PRO
    The Shade Store
    6年前

Hi Nelly,

That is an excellent question!

You can never go wrong with a beautiful quality shade that really custom-fits your window, in a neutral tone. And—if it happens to help address any issues in that room, it’s a bonus for resale as well!

For example, do you get a ton of sun and glare through your windows? If so, you can consider Solar Roller Shades to help cut the glare while maintaining your view through the window.

Solar Shades in 7% Metallic.

Need more privacy or a classic look for the room? A Flat Roman Shade in a beautiful solid cotton or linen fabric with privacy lining will certainly do the trick.

Flat Roman Shades in Herringbone.

We are here and happy to help you with your window project (from design and measure to completion and install) whenever you are ready!

THE SHADE STORE

t: 800.754.1455

design@theshadestore.com

• Pool Habit
    6年前

I don't think people are really into window treatments lasting from owner to owner anymore. You should do what you want now.