Houzz Logo Print
sjanders

Bedroom Re-design: Florida Style

Help.. I can't get the right color scheme for a bedroom I want to redecorate. I Thought maybe orange would give it a pop of color but it looks so flat. I like coral, ocean blue, red and orange. I would like it to have a contemporary feel. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

コメント (17)

• PRO
    Lisa Scolieri Interiors
    6年前

Hello, are you planning to paint walls? And or were you wanting to add a modern ocean flavor using bedding? Lisa

• Sonji Johnson
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    I thought about painting one wall but not sure of the color. Ideally, I would like to decorate around the bedding.
  • PRO
    Lisa Scolieri Interiors
    6年前

I have a place in Naples and have decorated some condos there as well as Marco Island. I think the key may be to add some personality to the bedding, then it wont look flat. Do you want to shop local or are you interested in getting some custom pillows? A focal wall paint would be fabulous too

• Denita
    6年前

You have great color ideas and a good start. I would change out the headboard and the artwork above the bed and remake the bedding to a more contemporary style. Here are a couple of inspiration pics for you (from Houzz):

Elegant Remodeled Unit - Bal Harbor, Florida · 詳細

Beach Style Bedroom · 詳細

Underwood Residence · 詳細

• indomom
    6年前

Perhaps some art like this from greatbigcanvas.com?

• MarleneM
    6年前
    The bedding is great but try folding back the quilt to expose some nice crisp white sheets, like photo below, then add a couple of throw pillows that coordinate but add more colour. A dresser in the room in the ocean blue you like would be fun, and replace art with something that's not so dark.
    Beach Style Bedroom · 詳細
  • MarleneM
    6年前
    Danita and I had the same idea, lol!
  • Sonji Johnson
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    All great ideas! Maybe I should look for art work and/or bedding and decorate around that. Lisa... I would like to shop locally for pieces.
  • Denita
    6年前

Yep MarleneM, great minds think alike...lol

• PRO
    Lisa Scolieri Interiors
    6年前

I agree with Marlene you could fold the bedding back to expose a crisp white lightweight comforter. Then take a sham with you to the stores. Try to find some pattern accent pillows you enjoy infusing blues and corals. Consider mixing even textures of fabrics for interest. You will need to do something with the headboard and the black frame above the bed.

• PRO
    Lisa Scolieri Interiors
    6年前

Also if it was me I would consider painting all the walls for a fresh look. Sherwin Williams makes a fabulous color called sea salt, soft, serene and really make the bedding pop

• MarleneM
    6年前
    An example of blue dresser and more colourful art. This is more of a navy, but it could be the ocean blue you said you like.
    Meridian, Idaho Clark Falls Modern Farmhouse · 詳細
  • jbtanyderi
    6年前
    Change out the fan for a white one. Put a lively, tropical-looking wallpaper between the windows, then pick new bedding to work with it.
  • jbtanyderi
    6年前
    The carpeting looks very heavy. Put bright rugs on each side of the bed.
  • emmarene9
    6年前

I'd remove the head board and do without one for now.

• PRO
    Bayberry Cottage
    6年前

Below are some great ideas for you from our designs that incorporate colors that you seem to like:

Azalea Cottage - Bedroom · 詳細

Driftwood and Seaglass · 詳細

Lakeshore Inspired · 詳細

The Wayfarer · 詳細