Houzz Logo Print
delrey97

HATE my new wallpaper!!

sunshine home
6年前
最終更新:6年前

Hi! First, please don't mind the ugly bedspread, I just used it last night since my new ones haven't been picked yet. I recently had new hardwood installed in my bedrooms, so I took the opportunity to change out everything in my bedroom as I was getting tired of it. So everything you see in here is new, including the bed and drapes. However, none of it actually looks nice together. I got this textured wallpaper yesterday behind the bed, and I really don't like how it looks once I put it up. I thought it would be a nice aqua texture similar to a grasscloth, however, the texture is so fine that it just reads as a painted wall from far behind, I could have just painted it a color I actually liked instead of the money and time put into this wallpaper. It looks very green at night.

What do you think I can do to pull this all together. No matter what I do, I hate the wallpaper so much. Someone suggested I paint right over it to keep some of the texture and avoid the problems with removing it. Should I do a stencil pattern on it, or perhaps stripes? I could just remove it and do another pattern, however there is way too much work involved.

I need to pick out night stands and a rug, however, I feel like dealing with this wallpaper first. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

コメント (15)

• apple_pie_order
    6年前

Take the wallpaper down now, while it is easy to remove. What are the other paint colors?

• jbtanyderi
    6年前
    This feels like lack of planning.
  • Liz H
    6年前
    Yes, paint it. But a solid color.
  • greenacresmama
    6年前

White.. you might have a much better time with all white. Maybe a darker painting or color block painting some where of a darker color you like that you can repaint (a canvas art type)

• greenacresmama
    6年前

Oh PS... lighting is a really big deal. Take lamps from around your home and stick on stools or chairs to mimic side bed lights.. lighting will change everything. Play with it before you start buying anythinh or painting.. please do.. it will teach you a lot about the end result.

• er612
    6年前

I agree with greenacresmama. Play with it before giving up. I actually like the wallpaper and think it could work well with the right accessories. Ex.

• jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)
    6年前

You can't just paint over wallpaper (without prepping it correctly). I would just take it down and repaint. You can put art work there if you want some visual interest on that wall.

• hbfn
    6年前

Agree, overhead lights are neither flattering to rooms nor people. I like it from what I can see on the monitor.

• greenacresmama
    6年前

It's true. Lighting book chapter one; Center overhead lights only are hard to pull off alone. They make the worst case to all faces, decor, and make you feel tired as well. Okay to keep but adding other light sources have a dramatic effect. Using other lights more often for soft mood lighting suggested. Doing overhead lighting for travel packing, cleaning, etc/ good idea.

• PRO
    Yours by Design
    6年前

With nothing else to focus on you have tunnel vision about the paper. You must have liked it when you selected it. Try bringing home some art work for over the bed. purchase sheets in different colors. save the packaging so it can be returned. lay the sheets on the bed to see if color on the bed helps. it looks like you wanted a subtle texture as a backdrop. So use the night stands, lights and bedding as accents for the room. You can also use push pins to place the sheets onto the wall. they may help you decide what color you really want. Is there a professional member of ASID in your area? consider a one hour design consultation. it can keep you from making costly errors and save you time and stress, good luck to you.

• greenacresmama
    6年前

Oh great idea! Maybe even a possible big mirror to cover for some time too!

• PRO
    Nancy the Stager & Redesigner
    6年前

I agree, add two night stands with lamps on them. Do this before doing anything else. It will give you a better idea of what the paper will look like. Both as far as the texture and the actual color at night. Mood lighting will soften the room and will probably show the texture in the paper.

• emmarene9
    6年前

No on the big mirror.

• cpaul1
    6年前

I hate seeing people waste money because they don't know what they're doing. Before I would do anything more, I would get with someone who has some design sense. I would decide if you can make the wallpaper work or not, and then go from there. That person can then help you decide on everything else in the overall plan (bedding, furniture, lighting, etc.) BEFORE you buy anything else that you will regret.