Houzz Logo Print
lucyd83

Lounge ideas?!

Lucy
6年前
Hi,

I need a bit of advice.. I'm not sure I'm loving my lounge at the moment but can't make my mind up on what needs changing!? I feel there may be too much going on pattern/colour wise and either I need to change the rug, cushions or picture..
It's an open plan apartment & the walls are pale grey (Polished pebble) with a cream carpet. Both of these will be staying, along with the sofa but open to suggestions on anything else!
Thanks in advance.

コメント (15)

• Daisy England
    6年前
    I think the teal and mustard look good as contrasts on the sofa. I'd be happy with it.
  • Lucy
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks Daisy, I do like the colour combination - just thought the look may have been a bit much paired with the rug & zebra etc.. Nice to know you'd be happy with it though

• Christine Wager
    6年前

Lots of nice ideas and colours, but, for me, the rug dominates.

• A B
    6年前

I would possibly change teal to blush pink and add a bit more copper.

• Carolina
    6年前
    I'd pull the rug forward so it's about halfway under the sofa, not all the way to the wall. Lower the art, turn the end tables, get bigger lamps. I like the colours.
  • PRO
    Regina Rogers design
    6年前

I think it looks great, I love the distinctive pattern in the rug, possibly the artwork and rug together are bringing too much activity to the room, if it was my apartment I would replace the artwork and replace the cushions (although the petrol cushions look well) adding a dash of "orange" to the palette ..

• Sarah
    6年前
    Loving the earlier ideas! I love the rug but think the zebra picture doesn't work with. I would go for a large calming abstract art type picture on that wall in whatever your chosen colours are.
  • Lucy
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you everyone for your comments, really helpful! :)

@JenP - I'd saved the excact same photo as a possibility! I have this colour combo in my bedroom and love it - maybe i'll have to have it in both...

@ Regina & @Sarah Chapman - Thank you, I do feel the same & think its time for the Zebra to go..

@Comegetme - Great idea with the plant, I'll be looking for one to go by the window

@Carolina - Good point about the lamps, I i think this will also make the room come together a bit more,

Thanks again everyone, I've got a clearer idea now - I was thinking of changing the wall colour behind sofa but will go with these options first! x

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6年前

I like your rug! I would put sofa on 1/3 of rug or just front legs. Nice color combination too. The wall art is too high, need 13-18 sm above the sofa.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

Some inspiration for drapes and wall art height

Квартира в синих оттенках · 詳細

• PRO
    ig. design & interiors
    6年前

Hi, with the exception of distance away from wall ( I would move it slightly less of a distance away - about 100-150 max), my thoughts were exactly in line with @comegetme - which, may I add threw me a little. These small differences would make a massive difference.

• PRO
    MERRICK DESIGNS
    6年前

@ design & interiors ... You are right here, not sure why I wrote 500 lol

• PRO
    Corinne Natel Art Ltd
    6年前

You have some lovely elements in the
    room. Perhaps change the artwork and maybe then the rug if it looked too
    much. Here
    are some original artwork suggestions below. For more information feel free to
    email me: design@corinnenatel.co.uk

• cavgirl
    6年前
    I think the discordant notes are the striped teal pillow in combination with the rug and picture and mustard. I'd be tempted to keep the zebra (colourwise it works) but remove the teal. Have your cushions in grey/touches of mustard or gold and pick this up in your kitchen too.

Or move the mustard ottoman from the room altogether and see if that allows the rest to balance. It might be all you need to do. Possibly also remove striped cushion too; it might be you just need to pare things back a bit and add more colour with plants etc.