Houzz Logo Print
caron_dale9

Window Treatment ?????

I have a narrow rectangular lounge. Window at one end of the room and patio doors at the opposite end. The room is 10' x 16' so is quite small. The major problem being that it is full sun most of the morning through the window and then full sun mid afternoon onwards through the patio doors so I need to protect the furniture from sunlight without making the room feel even smaller. I need inspiration. The carpet is a light natural colour and the 2 x 2 seater sofas are grey with a stone fireplace in the middle of the long windowless wall.
Marylebone Private Residence · 詳細

コメント (1)

• PRO
    House to Hold
    6年前

Hello Caron,

Have you considered a mix of blinds and shutters as we used in the image you've chosen to comment on? Keep the shutters the same colour as the wall to prevent the room appearing smaller, you could also extend the wall colour up to the ceiling in a lighter shade, creating a feeling of height.

Look at blinds in fabrics that diffuse light - the colour of your furniture may change over the years yet it's a natural and beautiful appearance to enjoy. Consider using paler colours in the room so any discolouration is less visible.

Please get in touch if you would like to discuss decorating this space in detail.

Best,

Anne-Marie