Houzz Logo Print
chetanpanchal

refurbishment project need help

Chetan p
6年前
I am Planning to refurbish my three bedroom detached bungalow home in Berkshire. I need advice and help to find good builder any recommendations? Skimming, plastering, restructuring, kitchen, bathroom everything needed to be change.

コメント (6)

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    6年前
    Hi, Exciting times ahead!

I would recommend doing a pro search in your local area and then checking out your reviews.

Once you have narrowed it down I would then always recommend you can't them and start getting some quotes - this will help you narrow it down then further.
  • PRO
    Cedar Tree Construction
    6年前

Would love to hear a bit more about your project. Have a look at our profile on Houzz and please feel free to reach out to me via phone or through a Houzz message.

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    6年前
    With things like the kitchen, bathroom and layout you will need you builder to quote for the work but if you haven't already I would recommend you get a designer or space planner on board at an early stage to make sure you get these key areas designer correctly for you and your space.

As well as helping with trade discounts, an interior designer would be able to help with the styling, flooring, heating and over all design of the space helping to avoid costly mistakes down the line and making sure your project is thought about as a whole from start to finish - ending on budget and to dead lines.

Choosing a designers it's more about personality. You want someone who can convey you and your needs and style so you need to click with your designer and find someone who can help you do that whilst being on the same wave length as you throughout your project.
    I hope that helps. All the best, Gina
  • PRO
    PWJ Architects Ltd
    6年前

Hello,

Sounds like a considerable amount of work needs to be planned.

To ensure the viability and creative direction of the property is fully addressed, we'd recommend considering taking on a RIBA chartered practice in your local area.

Most practices offer an initial free consultation before agreement on work, so you can clarify if having a designer on board is to your interest.

PWJ Architects

• PRO
  • PRO
    Dennis Sharp Architects
    6年前

Like any other project it pays to use experienced professionals. They will have a trusted network of builders they have worked with before. TV programmes rarely show the true cost of projects and make it all look easy. Embarking on a major project like this is exciting and if you plan carefully and get the right people on board you will have a much better chance of getting a smoother a great result at a realistic cost. Good luck.