Houzz Logo Print
sdonoghue

Colour me crazy. The world needs more colour.

I seem to be posting lots of before and after pictures with strong colour. Needless to say, I think the world needs more colour.

Here is an apartment located in Melbourne's St. Kilda neighbourhood. The apartment is filled with natural light but it needed more personality. The first picture is from the real estate group who sold the property and their only goal is to make all properties look as big as possible. All furniture lines the walls and yes, it looks large, but there is also a gaping hole in the middle of the room. People don't need an airport landing strip in the middle of the room to get around. I personally like to put my feet up when reading or watching a movie. Where does one put their glass of wine or cup of tea? Home is about relaxing, at least that is what I get my client's to think about when I work with them.

We added colour - lots of it. Even through there are now sultry grey walls and a bold red sofa, the space is inviting and relaxing. We maintained the light feeling in the living room even with the used of grey walls and dark carpeting by adding a light coloured rug. The mix of furniture is eclectic, with the office "dining" chairs paired with a victorian folding table and an Ikea sofa paired with a modern coffee table. Its definitely a particular style that not everyone likes but happily my client loves to mix things up.

コメント (11)

• Khanh Nguyen
    6年前

Great transformation! The rug and bright lounge looks so welcoming and fun

• PRO
    Siobhan Donoghue Design
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks Khang, it really does feel relaxing when you're seated.

• PRO
    Nelson Interior Stylists
    5年前

love the colour. stunning. i would 100% need a space for a book and coffee

• PRO
    Siobhan Donoghue Design
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thanks Nelson Interiors appreciate the feedback.

• legendaryflame
    5年前
    I love it! I love seeing bright colours and eclectic styling!
  • PRO
    Siobhan Donoghue Design
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

thanks legendaryflame

• PRO
    Clipsal by Schneider Electric
    5年前

Looks very welcoming. Love the idea of matching the carpet to the walls!

Thanks, the Clipsal team

Siobhan Donoghue DesignさんはClipsal by Schneider Electricさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Siobhan Donoghue Design
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thanks Clipsal. Its always a good ideas to match your carpet to your walls :)

• PRO
    Siobhan Donoghue Design
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Hi 94236633

The rug was from an online retailer. Give me a call and I'll try to source it for you.

• PRO
    URBAN METAL
    5年前

Love the grey walls - what colour did you use?