Houzz Logo Print
morgan_pratt36

HELP WITH KITCHEN TO MODERN

I'm moving into a condo and this is the kitchen: I'm not sure how I feel about it. What are some minor things u can change/add to make it look more modern/rich. Should I paid the cabnits all black? Should I paint the brown stripes on cabnits white? Should I just take out the doors and put a certain colour background to the cabnits? What colour? Thanks guys

コメント (8)

• jck910
    6年前

Do you own this condo? Those cabinets are probably laminate so I wouldn't paint them. Save your money until you can do a full upgrade. Many of us have lived with less than perfect (for us) homes until we saved the money for updates.

• hbfn
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

For an inexpensive somewhat temporary fix I would paint The wood trim to match the cabinets & add modern hardware. No black. If the budget allows, replace the ceiling fixture with some recessed lighting & & undercounter lighting. You could paint the walls.

• PRO
    Lisa Scolieri Interiors
    6年前

I would suggest not painting the cabinets also, especially black. I would get rid of that beige color wall paint, I think a soft grey paint will play off the counter top and backsplash as well as unite the room more. You will need to select a grey paint color working off the counter as there are so many shades. But Sherwin Williams has some lovely greys: Repose, Mindful. Paint the wood trim to white on the base of the cabinets but ask an expert at paint store for durability for cabinet application. I would not clutter the top of the cabinets but you could hit home goods and buy one or two nice modern pieces to display at the top an pull the eye up and add style. Like a large silver modern tray on an easel an maybe a grey glass vase to reflect light. Measure the height before you shop.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6年前

No black for sure , paint the wood trim add some bar pulls in stainless and paint the walls

• ilikefriday
    6年前

I would wallpaper them with a bold design for a temporary alternative. If you dont like bold then wallpaper them with paintable wallpaper so you can change the color.

• PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    6年前

Perhaps painting the trim white and adding hardware would help quite a bit. We've added one of our kitchen designs to help you visualize.

Issaquah Kitchen · 詳細

Issaquah Kitchen · 詳細

• Kathy Yata
    6年前

Wallpaper is an interesting idea. IKEA sells a cabinet with a bold marble pattern. I've never cared for this sort of cabinet door but your kitchen is quite nice looking because of the marble look counters and subway tile back splash. I'd paint the wood trim black or gray and replace the overhead fixture with something special.