Houzz Logo Print
katrina_lauc

Sofa size dilemma!

katrina_lauc
7年前
最終更新:7年前

Looking for advice on whether this sofa that we love is ok for our family room size. The family and dining room is 8m long x 4m to the kitchen bench. The sofa is 3250m along the window x 2800.Any advice on whether the sofa is ok in this room would be appreciated!

コメント (8)

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    7年前

Distance from island to sofa? Is island having chairs?

• katrina_lauc
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Distance from island to sofa approx 1m - haven't decided about island having chairs.

• PRO
    Anoushka Allum Design
    7年前

Hi Katrina, Overall the sofa looks just too big, even though essentially it fits on paper. It would be better to go with a 2800 L shaped sofa with chaise and have the chaise side running by the wall so it's a bit more open as you walk in. And if you make the chaise 1600/1700 then you have more room to pull the sofa a bit closer to the TV and make space for your dining table behind. Or pop the chaise on the side closer to the kitchen then you may have room for an occasional chair on other side by the window. Does this make sense?

• olldroo
    7年前

I think you need to take into consideration how many people will regularly use the room and how it will be used. People take up space in a room too, so a lot of seating for a lot of people = a very cluttered room. Consider also cleaning, you will want to move those sofas to clean under and behind them so where would you put them?? They are very heavy to move so can't be taken too far.

• lesandnic
    7年前

Why do you have a family room and a lounge? Have you thought about removing the wall between them? This would solve the space problem.

• Deborah Lisle
    7年前

Yes I agree that the couch is too large for the space, however Katrina does offer a solution. I also agree with lesandric. Remove that wall and open up the space. You will be able to have a lovely big dining table that could run parallel with the island bench and maybe even stools at the bench. The TV could go at the end of the current lounge and you can have whatever couch you want. Just a thought. Often the lounge/sitting rooms aren't used that much.

• gardentime
    7年前
    Have you bought your sofa yet? If you get a more delicate one on legs it will feel much lighter in the room