Houzz Logo Print
thaong

Need help for wall colour

Hi everyone. Please help us to choose the wall colour as we are not very happy with the existing yellowish colour. We have light grey laminate floor all the house except the bedrooms which is dark colour. We like calm, modern and cozy style. Which colour we should choose for the hallway, living room (light grey floor) and which colour for bedrooms (dark floor). Thank you so much guys

コメント (10)

• PRO
    The Unbusy Home
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Hi Coba,
    I like your flooring, it's beautiful!
    For the bedroom I would go for a pastel blue paint, it's very calm and it helps with a better nights sleep too. It would look brilliant with the dark wooden floor and it would also match your lightwood wardrobe colours.
    For the hallway how do you feel about a pastel mint green? It's fresh, happy and it cheers up a small functional space with not too much furniture in it. Just make sure you choose a balanced colour that isn't super bright.
    For the living room you could go for a neutral colour or white, depending on the style and colour of furniture you have, then you could add pops of colour with art work, fabrics and accessories. Alternatively you could opt for a light pastel salmon(ish) pink paint combined with a matching geometric wallpaper. I attached images to illustrate what I mean. I think this would complement the light grey floor quite nicely.
    Hope this helps, but happy to discuss further if these suggestions are far away from what you'd like :)

• Coba Nguyen
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Hi Erika

Thanks a lot for the recommendation.

In the hall way, we have Oak staircase and Oak door as you can see from the picture so I think the pastel mint green may work. Although I am quite like grey shades. I don't know whether it will make the rooms too cold?

In the living room, we have red sofa, white coffee table and a walnut TV self, double door oak and 2 separate dark navy doors to the terrace (2nd photo) so I am thinking of using the same colour with the hall way/white colour for this room as there are so many colours going on and one dark colour for the wall feature behind the sofa . Do you think it would be a good idea if I choose the colour for feature wall the same as the one of the doors to the terrace? And should I limit the number of colours for the whole house? I'm concerned that if I use so many colours, it may cause confusion.

• PRO
    The Unbusy Home
    7年前
    Hi! Sorry for the late reply.
    Just make sure you choose a mint green not aqua blue and it won't be too cold.
    However if you can see the living room from the hallway, since there's a red sofa I don't recommend mint green anymore :) maybe a grey with a colour accent, bluish very light grey? Or a warm light grey.
    The door colour is a bit too dark for behind no the sofa, I would keep it white then and add colour pips with art work (from etsy, to keep the cost down).
    Yes, you should limit the colours you use in the house, create a mood board for each room and the whole house so you see how it will all go together, use Canva.com for this, it's super easy, you just upload the images you like and put them on a board, change the background to the wall colour, add the floor, then everything else from the room and it will look super realistic. Check out my idea book (Scandi living) for an example.
    Good luck with your planning!
  • PRO
    Jarrods Staircases
    7年前

Hi Coba, looks like you have a fab house! For the hallway, we would be tempted to paint the walls a crisp white to match the light tones in the flooring (see below for a project we recently worked on) or you could even go with a patterned wallpaper perhaps something similar to the below?

• Coba Nguyen
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Hi Erika. Thanks for your advise again. I think light grey or cool white may be good for our home. I will check with Dulux to see which one is the best. I just looked at your lookbook. It's very beautiful. I really like Scandi Style - simple, modern and yet very cosy. You have great taste

• Coba Nguyen
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Hi Minnie. Thanks for your recommendation. I think Egyptian can match with our furniture but I'm not sure whether it will go well with the floor (cold tone). Our living room is 5x5 so I think its quite big to add bold colour. I may check other options but thanks again for your advise!

• Coba Nguyen
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Hi Jarrods. Can you please let me know the colour (brand, name of colour and colour number if its possible) on the wall of the 1st picture. I quite like it. Thanks a lot!

• PRO
    Jarrods Staircases
    7年前

Hi Coba, unfortunately the decoration on this occasion was
    carried out by the customer's own painters, so we don't have access to the specific paint name/brand. If we can help with anything else though, please let us know!

• PRO
    Jarrods Staircases
    7年前

There's more photos of the project here though if you want to browse: http://www.jarrodsstaircases.co.uk/2016/07/22/the-ramsdens-customer-story/