Houzz Logo Print
kamarshall13

White Carrera marble vs quartz

We really like the look of carrera marble but people keep telling us quartz is more durable? Any quartz that looks like carrera marble?

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7年前

This is always a question on this forum . Marble gets a patina over time if you love the look of a counter that is not perfect there is IMO no better material than marble but if like a large majority of the population you like things to look new forever get quartz.

• kamarshall13
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

I love the look of marble but everyone keeps telling me quartz is more durable. I cannot find a quartz that looks like carrera marble.

• northpoint2
    7年前

I was in the same boat when we renovated our kitchen a few years ago. Although I originally wanted Carerra, then Calcutta Gold, then decided to scrap the idea and go with a quartzite called "White Fantasy" for the reason you mentioned, plus cost because we were not planning on staying in the house long.

kamarshall13さんはnorthpoint2さんにお礼を言いました
  • Judy Mishkin
    7年前

we have old carrara marble mantels in our house, and our LG rococo quartz is a dead ringer for them. you'd need to be the judge if it matches NEW carrara.

• PRO
    PLATEMARK DESIGN
    7年前

Caesarstone Quartz is getting better and better regarding available patterns. However, if you properly and regularly seal real marble, the gentle wear and tear (etching, usually) might be worth it to you.

What specifically about the durability of marble are you concerned about?