Houzz Logo Print
bmalia

Dining room wall- help

B M
7年前
Excuse the mess :)

We have a rectangular linen chandelier in our dining room, which we don't want to change.

What should we do with the back wall? Unless you're sitting at the table, the chandelier covers the view of most of the wall.

I was thinking of making it a gallery wall. Would that be too busy?

コメント (12)

• Bailey R
    7年前

Is it possible to rotate the table & reposition the chandelier in other direction?

• B M
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Unfortunately the table and chandelier cannot be repositioned. There is a cabinet on the right and if we move the table it's too tight
  • PRO
    Lighting Superstore
    7年前

I would personally put a large mirror there to make the room appear larger a gallery would be lost behind the chandelier

• B M
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    I have this mirror in the living room that opens directly into the dining room. I was thinking of moving it but don't know what to do with the space in the living room
  • xxxx xxxxx
    7年前
    Place the gallery on top of the sofa and move the mirror to the dining room!
  • thinkdesignlive
    7年前
    That mirror looks too large for the space in the dining room. I would put painters tape on the wall to see before you move it.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Leave the living room as is. It's pretty perfect and that shape and size mirror will not work on your dining room wall. The gallery seems like a fine idea for the dining room.

• Emily Jowers
    7年前
    Your mirror is beautiful in the living room. I wouldn't move it. You'd want something wider and shorter in the dining room.
  • B M
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    If I move the mirror to the dining room here is how it lays out in painters tape
  • PRO
    Pamela Qarbaghi
    7年前

I would first want to add a spot of color, and would maybe go with a painting that is 48 X 48 or 48 X 60 to allow the color to be seen around the light fixture. I like your rug, BTW. More ideas here: http://www.houzz.com/projects/1295077/art-original-abstract-paintings

Art - Original Abstract Painting, 48 X 48 · 詳細

Art - Original Abstract Paintings · 詳細

Original Abstract Painting 48 x 48 · 詳細

Art - Original Abstract Paintings · 詳細

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Due to a built in or server at the entry, the light, and the table are both positioned badly. Solve the real problem, remove the server /builtin and rotate all 45 degrees. Rug too.

If the piece in the entry must stay. a better table for the space is round, and the light, not one that is linear.