Houzz Logo Print
barbies85

Front room curtains

barbies85
7年前
I'm looking to buy some window treatment for our small front room but can't decide what style I should get. Printed or plain? Any suggestions for drapes? And any other suggestions to help make our room look nicer?

コメント (22)

• apaquin25
    7年前

I think you could do a light colored print, like a very light gray or beige on a white, but I wouldn't do something too bold. A nice heavy and long curtain with a pretty finial at the end of the rod would look great.

Also, you may need to replace or remove the blinds. The way they are mounted may interfere with the installation of a curtain rod. You could do sheers instead, which would still let in the light and make the space feel airy.

• apaquin25
    7年前

Oh, and I would also paint the door. That would make a big difference, too.

• barbies85
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    The front door is dark blue/grey on the outside, should I paint it the same color? I painted all our interior doors black but I was never sure if I should paint that black as well or the same color as the front.
  • Katie
    7年前
    You have a great eye for design as your room is very nicely done. I would lower the family photos a couple inches down and move the couch, end tables, and chair out a few inches from the wall.
  • apaquin25
    7年前

Are the side table and coffee table black? I would match the inside of that door to that color, especially since your other interior doors are dark. But if you wanted to, I bet painting it the same color as the walls would look good too. It would blend in a little more instead of sticking out screaming "WHITE DOOR ON THIS WALL" ;)

• Lindsy
    7年前
    I love your piece over the couch, can I ask where it's from?
  • barbies85
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    @qpaquin25, yes both the coffee table and side table by the door are black. I'll likely paint the door black as well. Ooh I never thought of painting the door the same as the wall, I'll have to look into that.

@Lindsay I bought it at Zgallarie
  • PRO
    Barn & Willow
    7年前

Cream curtains would look gorgeous and match with your room really well!

I'd suggest a Belgian linen in Oyster or Off White to go with your pillows and decor.

Miss Mustard Seed's Living Room · 詳細
    Belgian linen in Oyster

Belgian Linen Sheer Drapes in CitySage's house · 詳細

Belgian sheer linen in Off White

Belgian flax linen Off White

You can order free fabric swatches here!

• User
    7年前

Ur room looks very pretty already so I don't have any suggestions, But..

im wondering. Did u have the carpet installed like that?

The reason I'm asking is because I have an open floor plan n was thinking of doing something similar, mainly because of the floor pattern, front door leads into liv rm, din rm, kitchen n the carpet is just getting worn n dirty - I honestly didn't know if that would look strange but seeing urs, well it's not so bad. :)

• jck910
    7年前

Room looks great. Paint the door same color as all other interior doors. Hang curtain rods up at the ceiling & go with a solid white panel because you already have so much going on in the room. Use black rods. Move the chair & small table at an angle so it is away from the window. Check countrycurtains.com for panels & rods.

• threers
    7年前

You have already been given several fine ideas for the drapes. I do want to suggest you hang them from the ceiling which is a very good look for your room. However, in looking at your photos you have some furniture: shelving near round table, the table next to the chair, the big lamp hanging in the corner which are very near the windows. You may want to rethink the placement of these items so you give the curtains some "room" to hang nicely. Or as someone has already suggested, move your furniture away from the walls...and this may be the reasoning behind the suggestion.

• PRO
    The 5 Design Team
    7年前
    I'd choose a print on the curtains. Try to incorporate your existing color scheme. The room looks amazing
  • Emily Jowers
    7年前
    The little frame next to the big piece behaves me the couch looks a little random. Other than that, the room looks very well put together.
  • groveraxle
    7年前

Question: does anyone ever sit here? I ask because the arrangement looks sort of rigid. Have you tried angling the chair 45° and sitting it at the angled edge of the carpet?

• Nelle Corcoran
    7年前
    You have a beautiful room. Good suggestions from everyone but I'm going to be a little nit picky: Take the throw off the back of the sofa and maybe drape it across chair , or put it elsewhere. The table between the chair and door is too small and doesn't fit the space. Thirdly, the etagere in the dining room just doesn't go. If you didn't do any of these things, you still have a great room
  • Nelle Corcoran
    7年前
    P.S. the large vase in your dining room would show better on a pedestal where the etagere is currently.
  • groveraxle
    7年前

Like so? Maybe with another chair on the other side? (Ignore that's it not your chair; this one was pointing the right direction.)

• PRO
    Superior Roman Shades
    7年前

Cape Cod Beachfront home · 詳細
    Light and airy is definitely the way to go! We love this beacon hill fabric, its quite sophisticated. Something like this ivory draperies would look spectacular against the grey walls.

• mzapper
    7年前

Martinique Printed Cotton Single-Panel Curtain, Taupe · 詳細

Dreamweaver Taupe Embroidered Faux Linen · 詳細

• barbies85
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions! I originally had the chair angled but my husband kept straightening it! I eventually gave up and let him keep it straight. Haha the little frame has my sons name on it and we put it up for fun since there was an extra nail there, totally forgot to take it down.

@pam98 the floors were like that when we bought the house. We plan on re-doing or floors in the future but won't be keeping any carpet I think.
  • Emily Jowers
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

I like the etagere (as long as that means the tall shelving piece in the corner). It ties in with the coffee table legs in the living room and several other gold accents throughout. And it's a beautiful piece on its own.