Houzz Logo Print
eringray980

I need artwork suggestions for our living room!

Erin Gray
7年前
最終更新:7年前

I need some artwork suggestions and ideas for our main living room wall. I had another post in regards to design suggestions, but this one I am looking for art specific advice and suggestions. Color, style, Photography vs. abstract, etc. Thanks!

P.S. I have absolutely NO decorating skills, so I am clueless for where to even begin with this....

コメント (24)

• er612
    7年前

I would move your sofa to the right and square the gray chairs up with the sofa.

• Erin Gray
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thanks! Unfortunately with the shape of our living room and the size of our furniture, we can't move anything... we might be able to move the couch down a foot more towards the chairs but that would be max.

• PRO
    Liz Duer Studio
    7年前

Here are some wave suggestions. I think it would be good to draw in your black and brown colors...and I think a photo is an option. I don't have the darker one on etsy but if you are interested let me know and I can get you a larger view of it. Here is a link to the lighter one.

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/LizDuerStudio/tools/listings/section:19418826

• leelee
    7年前

Chairs are turned at different angles : (

End table too tall for sofa.

Rug should be centered with the fireplace then add furniture.

Center chairs with the fireplace and put their front feet on the rug.

• leelee
    7年前

If you want to add color art is the perfect vehicle.

• shirlpp
    7年前

Liz Duer, she can draw in the gray, black and white, but it should also have some other colors - like mustard yellow, oranges...Color is missing in this room.

• threers
    7年前

Consider adding two end tables with lamps on either side of the couch as er612's photo. If there is not enough space for two tables, then add one table and lamp on window side and a floor lamp on the other side. There should also be a lamp on the table between the chairs. Please square off these chairs. Now for the art: hang what you like, in any colors you like...with your black and white color scheme you can use whatever colors you want. The key is not to hang pictures too high: about 58" from the floor to the middle of the work. Look online, check local art shows and shops. Buy what you love and it will look good.

• leelee
    7年前

Liz's art works and is hung the right height. The option is to add color or stay with a monochromatic scheme.

• User
    7年前

I would recommend large contemporary photography as the best choice for this room. I would choose ocean/beach print (there are plenty on Etsy) or nature with green scenery.

• PRO
    Inner Visions Interiors
    7年前
    In a black white and gray color scheme adding art with strong warm color adds life
  • PRO
    Inner Visions Interiors
    7年前
    Another idea are large, over scaled photos of flowers. Adding these photographs in a back entry way transformed the space from dull to highly personal.
    I suggest you use hot colors red, hot pink, purple or yellow to lift the mood in your mono chromatic room. Have fun with your choice. Look at lots of images, go to museums. Choose something that makes you smile.
  • PRO
    Heather Freitas Gallery
    7年前

Hello,

. I am not sure if you have found d any artwork that you are looking for but I would love to work with you on a commissioned piece or two of artwork for your home. I am internationally known and recognized for my Eco-Art and the generalized color pallets that I use would work perfectly with this space. If you are interested please check out my projects and message me here or you can view my portfolio at my website www.contemporaryandmodern.com . Please note that all my work is currently placed in galleries for the month of November. You can also contact me at contemporaryandmodern@gmail.com !

• Erin Gray
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

I just wanted to provide an update on my artwork and thank everyone for their wonderful suggestions! Along with some slight rearrainging, we ended up ordering a couple of pieces from a local artist, Jonathan Havelock (http://jonathanhavelock.com/) we are so in love with them! Thanks again to everyone who took the time to provide suggestions and advice!!

• shirlpp
    7年前

Cool!!

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    7年前

Here's some suggestion for your wall you might like......to know more about my Art work and collections please visit my shop on Etsy website -

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooviArtGallery?ref=pr_shop_more

• PRO
    Heather Freitas Gallery
    7年前

Erin, thank you for supporting local artists!

• threers
    7年前

A good start to an art collection that is truly yours. My husband and I collected for 50 years and our walls are filled with things we love from artists and places that reflect are tastes and adventures.

• PRO
    Heather originals
    7年前

Hi, do you need those two big chairs?

how about giving yourselves more room. Sometimes we think we should keep something cuz we got a deal or had it for a while or... Paid A lot

def tone down that huge white wall with a Warm gray.

Move the couch where those two big chair are and float the light modern chair to the right of FP.

Go for a boost of color with art. The room is a bit cold with all the cool dark gray.

Go for something Big Square and Fierce

!!!!

• havingfun
    7年前

i love those, and very happy you should support local!

• 111ideahound
    7年前

I like the ideas being generated here. More color and if you can't do end tables with lamps easily. What about replacing the standing lamp for something bigger and more dynamic?

Penbrook 1-Light Floor Lamp, Silver White With Chrome Metal Shade · 詳細

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    7年前

A splash of color would be key to this setting. My wife's play room/knitting room has color tones as your living room. Few months ago she bought (expensive) large colorful paintings to hang in the room. They were a bit loud to me in the beginning due to the amount of color but over time are quite pleasant to have. Very beautiful to look at and the work is astonishing. Similar to the photos I am posting below

• havingfun
    7年前

yes and those type are available on etsy for not to much. i will show some others in case you have begun to look at more. not to replace yours. Saatchiart has some beautiful reasonable ones from all over the world. hard to pin those down though. these are some examples of etsy <$250.

Original Painting White Horse ARAB Realistic Oil by MODAJAGODA · 詳細

pallet wall art – Etsy · 詳細

reclaimed wood wall art items on Etsy | Unique & Handmade · 詳細

Tall Birches Palette Knife Forest Trees by AfremovArtStudio · 詳細

Oil Painting Abstract Painting Canvas Art by GeorgeMillerArt · 詳細

• PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    7年前

Check out our artwork here: www.ShoaGallery.com Many sizes and color to choose from. You can use coupon code FB15NOV16 to get 15% off (ends today).

Some suggestions below. Many other colors available.

Enjoy decorating!