Houzz Logo Print
dcotephoto

Paint & Fireplace

dcotephoto
7年前
The paint in my house is so drab. Walls just look muddy. Craving new paint....again.

With my fireplace would it be better to go lighter or go darker?

The muddy colour I've been wanting to replace, I'm debating over Repose Grey, Revere Pewter or Pale Oak.
My accent colour is Iron Mountain (black)

Any opinions?

コメント (15)

• dcotephoto
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Arch way in black is close too the fireplace wall. Too close for that wall to be black too?

Or should I paint my picture wall the black to add interest?
  • PRO
    Studio Haus
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Light gray tends to pair well with warm colors. Since your fireplace is gray I would suggest a creamy white, or bright white.

• Joanna Adelajda
    7年前

I think your colors are great what you need is a pop of color in those shelves. I would only put one accessory in each shelve. For on top left the plant you have second a red vase or sculpture third shelve silver vase and last the circular accessory you have. I would do similar on opposite but put the red accessory lower. Also it looks like you have a couch on the side.. throw a red pillow with a silver one To pull in the look.

• Joanna Adelajda
    7年前

I see a silver stainless steel electric fireplace. It will automatically pull everything.

• dcotephoto
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Colour?!?
  • shiningautumn8
    7年前
    Try Dove White or Classic Gray by BM. I would not do black on any whole wall. Love your drapes.
  • Joanna Adelajda
    7年前

I agree no black on walls.

• shiningautumn8
    7年前
    AND add some art with some color. I love black and white and neutrals but I do think you need some subtle bits of colors as well. So maybe swap out 1 or 2 pieces for something with color. Like instead of the wooden arrow shapes you could do a weaved wall hanging
  • dcotephoto
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    I'd love the feeling of bigger and brighter. Especially with our 9ft ceilings.
    I'll check out classic grey in my fan deck.
  • dcotephoto
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    I really don't like colour. Lol I know it's bad.
    The only colour through out the house is Navy and light sea blue in the bathrooms.

Maybe more white on the walls will brighten it all up so everything doesn't look so blah and neutral to the max.
  • dcotephoto
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Would never have thought I'd have the issue of needing to brighten it with these 2 monster windows.
  • dcotephoto
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Ok I like Classic Gray and Gray Mist. Those are the 2 contenders.
    Do you think they are good colours to pull into my kitchen as well?
    Darn cappuccino cabinets.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    7年前

wow. love that arch color. I like them together. ever thought about painting the backs of those bookcases?? Get a color (peacock or a safe, soft blue) and just do one of the backs to see how you like it. Or how about getting some mirrors cut to size and put those on the backs? I would use a mercury glass or antique mirror cut to size.

Jane Lockhart, Family room with leather sofa · 詳細

I really like what you've done, and I know you say you don't like color! But you need a little something here and there! A pillow, a throw, an ottoman. How bout a studded ottoman in a velvet blue, or deep peacock, in the corner between the arch and firewood? A deep, rich velvet. then maybe a soft, fuzzy, angora throw? the ottoman or chair can be something small, like the square ones below, in the color of the chaise!

Transitional Living Room · 詳細

• dcotephoto
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    That's a great idea about the inside of the shelves. It definitely needs something to pop back at you. Everything is so flat.

We desperately need new furniture so once that gets chosen then I'll for sure add some pops of colour. I love all blue hues!

It's hard to add different colours when everything you see in the house is so brown.