Houzz Logo Print
mlille22

Dining room curtains

Mary L
7年前

I feel our dining room could greatly improve by a patterned curtain. These gold curtains don't do the room justice. Does anyone have a panel in mind? These are 96". The dining room furniture is brown. Walls the color of buttercup. Thanks in advance!

コメント (33)

• PRO
    Superior Roman Shades
    7年前

This embroidered fabric would look so elegant in that space. We have used something similar to that fabric (pictured bottom) and it drapes beautifully. It would also look handsome with that table you have there too. If you need any more inspiration feel free to browse through our collections.

http://superiorshades.houzz.com/

https://www.fabricut.com/fabric/relentless/shadow

Mission Revival bathroom draperies · 詳細

Mary LさんはSuperior Roman Shadesさんにお礼を言いました
  • Barbara Almandarz
    7年前

I'd go towards some dramatic curtains, to help show off the gorgeous inlaid floor!

Mary LさんはBarbara Almandarzさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Barn & Willow
    7年前

Hello!

I think that the fabric and color that you opted for weren't right for your room. :) I went ahead and color corrected your photo, so I had a better idea of what the colors were like.

I think that rather than patterned curtains, going with a Belgian linen in Optic White would look really nice in the space and match your molding.

You can always order free fabric swatches so you can see how they would look in the room!

Mary LさんはBarn & Willowさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Emmaline Johnson
    7年前

Can you take a picture of the room at a wider angle? We will be able to give you better advice seeing everything you have in the room.

Mary LさんはEmmaline Johnsonさんにお礼を言いました
  • Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thanks everyone! Here is the room at a couple different angles. The gold curtains came with the house when we purchased it and I don't feel they do justice to the room

• havingfun
    7年前

I always like white, here are two of my favorites

Madison Park Emilia Single Curtain Panel & Reviews | Wayfair · 詳細

Elrene Home Fashions Murano Window Curtain Panel & Reviews | Wayfair · 詳細

• havingfun
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

these would be so luxurious in there!

New Products Panels Panel Sets Window Treatments | Bellacor · 詳細

• Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

havingfun I love these!!!

• PRO
    Emmaline Johnson
    7年前

Having fun! I sooo agree with you! White is always a great way to go and those gray and yellow curtains are to die for. Here they are:

• PRO
    Emmaline Johnson
    7年前

I think I'm partial to the gray. What do you think mlille?

• Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Definitely the gray
  • minjeeah
    7年前
    Grey!
  • minjeeah
    7年前
    Gray*
  • PRO
    Emmaline Johnson
    7年前

Perfect. Do you have any art yet? I see one piece on the wall but I think the opposite side could use some love.

• Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Havingfun, could you post where you found the gray curtains?

Emmaline we have some that we haven't put up yet but if you wanted to send some ideas I would welcome them!
  • havingfun
    7年前

http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/lush-decor-c37201p15-000-forest-gray-and-yellow-84-x-52-inch-curtain-panel-pair-1672275.htm

for future ref if you own a laptop or computer, there is a little button underneath that takes you there.

also i do like the white also, gives the room an entirely different look, but i do love the luxury of the gray!

• PRO
    Design Everest
    7年前

Red curtain would do justice. Golden and Red combo would create a dramatic look. You can try.

• PRO
    Emmaline Johnson
    7年前

I'm a huge advocate of using the art you already have so if you have two pieces that are the same size or of similar size, I would position those equal distance apart from the window even though the angles of the room are different. The window is the anchor so you should build from it. I would place a plant to the right to distract from the extra space on that side and add some life to the room. Here is an example:

If you don't have two pieces that are similar in size, I recommend going to local art shows and university shows to support your local artists. To me, nothing is better than an original piece of art that you love!

• Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Havingfun it looks like those curtains are 84". I need 96 or more :-(
  • Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Emmaline that's super helpful. Thanks so much.
  • mzapper
    7年前

I think all of these (or most) are available in 96" and from bellacor

• Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Would these work well?

• havingfun
    7年前

i think those might work best of what i have seen they are light, but incorporate the butter color

• PRO
    Emmaline Johnson
    7年前

Here you are! I quite like it. Brings in an airy look to the room.

• arkvillager
    7年前

Check out Country Curtains also. Most of their draperies are solids but they come in 96" length. I've had lots of problems with other companies getting consistent lengths but I've never had a problem with CC.

• havingfun
    7年前

i found these they are cheerful, and formal to an extent, which is like your dining room. what do you think?

Edina Yellow 96 X 50 Inch Printed Cotton Curtain Single Panel Half Price Drapes · 詳細

• Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Tha
  • zealart
    7年前

I agree with jck910.I think a shade out of fabric would look better, The curtains look cramped, no matter what example has been put up, You could then always add rods on the angled walls, and put up curtains there ( they would only be decorative and give the illusion of a bigger window).

These are from the shade store, but there are more affordable options out there.

And then add small rods on an angle, sort of like this:

Tone on Tone Breakfast Room · 詳細

• Mary L
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thank you everyone!! Havingfun it's so funny you posted those curtains. My friend has those and they are awesome. My only worry is its too much yellow on yellow. I was hoping they came in gray but it doesn't look like they do.

• linlac
    7年前
    All of these are sold on this site. Funny I picked the same gray floral. I like the second one of these the best.
  • havingfun
    7年前

zeal you are lost? yes i agree, i think they could be too much yellow, almost makes it more casual? linlac are those 96"? so funny, bet if we went to walmart or amazon we could find them too. simply amazing.

• havingfun
    7年前

nah, they are still only 84". what a shame, i think they are perfect. good news, the other ones you found look real good too.