Houzz Logo Print
alice_bayfield31

Small City Garden Decking Transformation

When we moved into the upstairs flat, the garden space had a lot to be desired. Lots of unusable space, sloping concrete, lacking storage, ugly stairs and a patch of grass barely worth mowing. We spent the summer working as many hours as we could, learning how to DIY a decked garden from scratch, almost entirely on our own!

We are so pleased with the finished outcome that now provides a low maintenance, very usable social area to be proud of!

If you'd like to see all the transformation photos and more information about how we did it, please click through to see the full post here http://www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk/diy-garden/

コメント (16)

• innovation999
    7年前

Alice,

Absolutely lovely.

May I ask, what was your spend?

Thanks.

• Ocean Clarke
    7年前

This is incredible - how long did the project take to complete?

• Alice Bayfield
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

I'll have to check the spend with my partner, I can't remember the final count, but we did re-use the tantalised wood from my in-laws renovations at their house which saved some cost. Will get back to you on that one...!

• Alice Bayfield
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Project time was probably longer than expected as we completed most of it in our spare weekends over last summer, then did the finishing touches this Spring. A lot of hours basically, but also because neither of us had ever done anything like this previously so there was quite a lot of learning too!

• Daisy England
    7年前
    Great. Looks lovely.
    Alice BayfieldさんはDaisy Englandさんにお礼を言いました
  • Alice Bayfield
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thank you both for the kind words, its good to know other people really like it too - especially as we're now selling!

• mayerl5511
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Love the look, really creative! I took some ideas for my place too

Alice Bayfieldさんはmayerl5511さんにお礼を言いました
  • Alice Bayfield
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thanks so much mayerl5511 - let me know if you post your before and after photos too, I'd love to see it!

• PRO
    Garden Construction Company
    7年前

how did you manage to finish the steps , are they painted?

• Alice Bayfield
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

We painted them with multiple coats of grey textured masonry paint. It gave the steps a much more professional and neat look than just the bare concrete as after angle-grinding them, they were still uneven colour.

• PRO
    Catia Interiors
    7年前

Well done! Its looks fantastic! What a change!

• PRO
    Garden Construction Company
    7年前

is the masonary paint durable over time , is it wearing off or still ok?

• Adam Husband
    7年前

We've had it there for a year already and no sign of wear whatsoever!

• Ama Sulter
    3年前

can I ask did you use a decking oil for the deck? it's come up a lovely colour!

• Alice Bayfield
    3年前

Hi Ama,

Yes we used a stain and it worked well. Personally I preferred it once it had weathered a bit, initially it came out brighter than I hoped but once it was slightly faded it was beautiful!