Houzz Logo Print
designerplants

Artificial Plants or Real Plants??

Designer Plants Aust.
7年前
最終更新:7年前

Would you use artificial plants over real plants for your vertical garden?

Artificial Vertical Garden Panel
Real plants Vertical Garden Panel

コメント (10)

• Gallifrey
    7年前
    Depends on maintenance issues and your time and motivation . Real vertical gardens take a lot of maintenance.
    Designer Plants Aust.さんはGallifreyさんにお礼を言いました
  • jadownes
    7年前

I have used a mix of artificial, real plants and screening to cover a water tank and garden shed in a narrow space with no room to plant in the ground. It looks great.

Designer Plants Aust.さんはjadownesさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Designer Plants Aust.
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

I love the idea of using a mix Jadownes!

It's funny, before starting work for this company I probably would never have considered using artificial plants for anything... I think for me I always had the mentality that fake plants didn't look very good or weren't capable of looking very good. But now.. I love the artificial plants!

Of course though, If I had the time, space and ability to use real plants for my vertical garden I would in a heart beat!

I think they look good regardless of which way you go and they offer a unique solution to creating some breathe taking spaces!

• jadownes
    7年前

That's right. I used the artificial plants behind my vertical garden to cover the fence before I hung the real plants in front. You can't tell where the fake plants are.

Designer Plants Aust.さんはjadownesさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Richard Cole Architecture
    7年前

I think real plants. By selecting the right plants to suit a space and particular environment you can still achieve a low maintenance garden. There are some great native plants that require very little maintenance and suite the Australian climate.

Designer Plants Aust.さんはRichard Cole Architectureさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Coolaroo
    7年前

Nothing beats real! But if you're considering a large, hydroponic vertical wall you will need to ensure it is properly irrigated and there is enough real or artificial light for the plants. Oh, and don't forget to prune!

Rose Bay · 詳細

Designer Plants Aust.さんはCoolarooさんにお礼を言いました
  • Marj Kibby
    7年前

People are happy to pay $20 for a bunch of flowers and throw them out at the end of a week, but pay $10 for a plant and expect it to last forever. Throw out and replace plants as they fade and use artificial plants to fill in gaps.

• kdam4
    7年前

Some fake plants are hard to spot these days as they are making really good quality plants now. However, saying that it does tend to be the fake flowers rather than fake green leaf plants which still look off in colour or texture. I agree with jadownes and a mix would give a great feel. Although you'd have to make sure that the real ones are pruned well and often or they will grow and the fake ones won't and they will overgrow over the fake ones and then what's the point in fake ones?

• PRO
    Designer Plants Aust.
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks everyone for your comments, it certainly has lead to some great ideas. Would you mind sharing you're thoughts on these new items in the context of indoor spaces?

https://designerplants.com.au/product-category/green-wall-disks-wall-art/