Houzz Logo Print
kshor624

Chandelier Selection

Karen Shor
7年前

I have an open floor plan in my house with tray ceilings in the living and dining rooms. In those areas, the ceiling is 10' high. The dining room dimensions are 10' x 14.' I have a small - 54" X 34" - antique French refectory dining table. The 23" tall and 25.5" wide chandelier I originally purchased for the dining area looks too small to me. i have found another that I love, the Maxim Fairmont 6 light, which is 32" tall and 30" wide. Will this be too large?

コメント (3)

• PRO
    Crest Lighting
    7年前

That would work - take advantage of your nice tall ceiling! Typically, fixtures are hung 30" above the table for 8' and 9' ceiling heights. For every additional foot of ceiling height, add 3". Because the fixture is a little wider than the norm, you can also raise it up so you don't hit your head leaning over the table. There is enough body height with the long rods that it won't look awkward using a minimum of chain.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7年前

Your selection is not very French in style, and for a 10 ft. ceiling that chandelier should have more than one level of lights. I'm assuming the refectory table has pull out leaves?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7年前

Examples of French inspired dining rooms.