Houzz Logo Print
heather_stewart78

which Gray wall color for small south facing living room?

My tiny rancher is going neutral with great walls and white trim. Trim not yet complete and this room is not correctly furnished (current furniture is temporary in pics). Stonington gray looks blue, BM cashmere gray is neutral blue/green but light, gray owl seems very light, and SW mindful gray appears simply gray. Which shade appears airy and cool for a small room? Recessed lighting throughout. Is mindful gray too dark? Note: I'm not picking a rug first because I live in a wooded area with dogs and rugs will be replaced on occasion.
Wall above desk: mindful gray, cashmere gray, gray owl.
By door: mindful gray, Dorian, Stonington gray, cashmere gray (bottom left), Gray owl (bottom right).
By TV: Stonington gray, mindful gray, cashmere gray, gray owl.

コメント (13)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    7年前
    Repose grey
  • french toast
    7年前

Yeah I think mindful gray is too dark for that space. From those choices, I think I'd go with the Owl gray color. The cashmere gray looks kind of blue.

• Steph
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Stonington, Dorian, cashmere grey. Which ever is warmer.

• Heather Green
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    I don't want the walls to appear blue. Stonington, for some reason, is blue in my home. I love a true gray or a balanced blue/green gray. Definitely no griege.
  • Heather Green
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    I'm in love with the show Fixer Upper and I'm shooting for that sort of farmhouse style.
  • Heather Green
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    BM Gull Wing Gray is pretty! I'll get a sample. Thanks!!
  • Bev
    7年前

Classic Silver from Behr is a true gray! I painted my entryway and living room with it and I love it. Here is a photo:

This photo was taken in natural light and as you can see, there are no undertones! It looks great with everything on the walls and in the room.

• PRO
    Stair Solution, LLC
    7年前

Lovely!

• Heather Green
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    I got a sample of BM Gull Wing Gray and it's way darker than SW Mindful Gray, so it's not an option. Bummer.
  • Karina M.
    7年前

BM Wickham Gray (HC-171)

• nickliss
    6年前
    If you like the color, just have it lightened by 50%
  • nickliss
    6年前
    Oops. Just saw the date of this post. Probably painted already.