Houzz Logo Print
jillybean103

What can I do for this anemic window?

This is a guest room with the only window on the side - oh so sad looking. I'm glad to have the wallspace for the furniture, but is there anything I can do to make this window go from blah to wow?

コメント (7)

• Elle
    7年前

If the bed headboard works on that wall, once you put that and nightstands in, it will fill up more of the room and seem less odd. Assuming it works on the other end of that wall in the corner (not shown), you could put the same curtain rod and closed panels as on the actual window so it visually looks like there is a window on each end of that wall.

jillybean103さんはElleさんにお礼を言いました
  • jillybean103
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

I like the practical idea of a faux closed panel on the other side! I like the idea of a real window, but that won't happen anytime soon.

• Rina
    7年前

A striking Roman blind with a tall valance so that you can get it out of the way when you want that precious light. And because there is light, you can have a plant in the corner to keep it company -- either placed on the floor or on a small corner table.

http://blindanddraperyshowroom.com/roman-shades-calabasas-malibu-westlake-village/

jillybean103さんはRinaさんにお礼を言いました
  • jillybean103
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Great idea on the plant to make it more of a grouping area. Love roman shades but because the light is so scarce, I opted for 2.5" blinds so they can be open and semi-open to keep the light in.

• PRO
    Stair Solution, LLC
    7年前

The roman shades look great.

jillybean103さんはStair Solution, LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • jillybean103
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Loving the idea of the balanced faux window to recenter the focus of the room, Elle. Thanks again. I have a call into my blinds guy to see if he can make up an identical treatment to hang on the wall. Thinking I can then layer Christmas lights behind the blinds (or a mirror and open the blinds), then the blinds, then the soft treatments and place the nightstands, lamp. What do you think?