Houzz Logo Print
jenniferpelling

Caesarstone on shower walls instead of tiles?

Hi, I'm planning our ensuite design & am wondering whether anyone has used caesarstone as the wall finish in their shower instead of tiles? I really dislike having to clean the grout between tiles & so am looking for an easy clean alternative. Thanks in advance.

コメント (10)

• Vy
    7年前

what about glass splash back ? no need to clean ?

• Vy
    7年前

you could do a walk in shower thus only two sides tiles..one side glass..choose large tiles thus less grout lines?

• dohraime
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

There are a lot of alternative products that come as a panel that can be used in showers. Kerlite, aquapanel, glass, metal. Even pressed tin. I don't know anything about Caesarstones bathroom range. The kitchen benches can stain and I'd be concerned about that in a bathroom, but perhaps the bathroom products are manufactured differently...

There also epoxy grout which would make cleaning tile easier.

• Evonne
    7年前

Google thin porcelain slab - apparently great for this and some gorgeous marble looks!

• jenniferpelling
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm hoping to be able to make it a walk-in shower if I can & remove the need for a door. Glass sheeting on the walls might be an option, however I was wondering whether the glass would become etched over time from soap scum? The porcelain slab sounds like a great option...just have to find a Brisbane stockist! Thanks all!
  • Evonne
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Jen, I in Brisbane too and have been chasing stock this last week! So new that very little out there!!

See brisbane based http://ultimatesplashbacks.com.au for links to porcelain slab suppliers - they the first to quote for me and advised I go to Yatala centre ( Cosentino warehouse @ 8 Gassman Street, Yatala) to see the full range of Dekton in large panels; also cdl stone have some on Gold Coast and a small display at southbank at the home and deisgn centre opp convention centre : http://www.cdkstone.com.au/luxury-surfaces/surfaces-neolith/Manx

I intend to visit both this week - good luck!

• jenniferpelling
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks so much Evonne. I will definitely check out those suppliers. Would love to hear how you go this week. Jen
  • PRO
    Spapanel
    7年前

Jennifer, it may not be too late to help you but if anyone else is looking for a tile alternative then consider the Spapanel Wall Lining System,. British made the product has been BRANZ Appraised as a waterproofing alternative solution to building code AS3740. Spapanel is 100% waterproof and grout-free. The decorative surface is ultra low-maintenance and hygienic. The product is also 4x faster to install as it can be installed directly to framework, cutting out the need to villaboard or apply full height waterproof membrane. View our Houzz profile or visit www.spapanel.info

Client Bathroom Reno · 詳細

• watchedpoppy
    7年前

Thanks Jennifer. Information not too late for me as I have the same design dilemma. I've just checked out the website, will need to see the showroom.