Houzz Logo Print
natalie_stoppa

What front door colour shall I do?

Review Interiors
7年前
最終更新:7年前

Timms Ave, Renovation (completed facade front) · 詳細

Hello there, I'm a little stuck with what colour I should do my own front door? I was thinking of the following:

1. A flush panel bright yellow/green tone front door with a large square pull handle.

2. A traditional moulded door with the above bright colour

3. Just a white traditional style door to tie in with the current architecture.

Hmm decisions?!

コメント (10)

• robandlyn
    7年前

I do think a bright colour wouldn't look right with that architecture. I would be inclined to either go with white, or more likely a dark grey, maybe a bit darker than the roof/base of house.

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    7年前

Traditional style door. However bright red or lime green. White would be ok if you're a bit conservative.

• PRO
    Photografx
    7年前

If you want to play it safe then you could definitely go white. Being someone who loves pops of colour and something a bit different I would go for a bold bright colour like red.

• Vy
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Woodland grey (Dulux) to tie in with the grey exterior ..it's a lovely green/grey and I'd go traditional door

• cloudpants
    7年前
    I absolutely love the idea of a bright door on your lovely house.
  • Astri Merianti
    7年前

With the style of the house, I would leave the door as it is or paint it white. If you'd love a pop of colour, maybe you can put a couple of white chairs with bright-coloured cushions.

Or if you still want to paint the door, I would go with aqua or bright red as melf99 had suggested.

• PRO
    Turnstyle Living
    7年前

Definitely choose a door that references your façade! I would steer away from a contemporary design.
    Before I give advice on the door colour, can you tell me what colours you have painted the house?
    Is it Shale Grey Colorbond with Vivid White?

• PRO
    Review Interiors
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thanks for all your comments. The colour of the weather boards is Dulux - Vanilla Quake, Dulux -Vivid White details and Colorbond - Wallaby for the roof, gutters and base boards

• PRO
    Timandra Design & Landscaping
    7年前

White or grey, assuming the roof colour is grey. Have a solid timber door and paint with a gloss paint for added effect.