Houzz Logo Print
buckleup2000

What was your latest home-related purchase?

For many of us, creating the home we want is an evolving and long term process. Sometimes it takes a long time to find just the right something.

Grandeliers · 詳細

What's the latest thing you purchased for your home? (Photos encouraged!)

コメント (196)

• Vy
    8年前

oh might have to rethink as that wall back on to my shower so I can't do anything to it unless it's glued on or it's painted

• Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek
    8年前

Brandi, can you get it off again, like regular wallpaper?

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    8年前
    Well there is wallpaper underneath this ...so I would think the process would be the same for that type of application...I think if it was on new walls I would prime first and size walls...mod podge is just really thick glue, kinda like elders glue...they even have tutorials on how to make your own
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    8年前
    I'm working on a small sofa using paint over floral fabric right now..I will post pics later tonight of the finished product
  • lynartist
    8年前
    HeeHee, I don't think that's coming off to easily! I used to do a wall finish were I would crinkle up tissue paper and glue it to the wall. After it dried I would glaze it . Beautiful, looked like leather. But I can tell you it isn't ever coming off!
  • lynartist
    8年前
    The bathroom is pretty tho Brandi!
  • Vy
    8年前

Lyn hehehe may be not..plus I'm not as patient as any of you..I'll try it on something small first might think of something else for the wall :)

• Vy
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

though Brandi's bathroom idea I can use on the laundry linen's cupboard door I've got ugly sliding ones down here..it's nice that don't have to cut just glue it all on..simple..lol and since I make cards got lots of paper to play with :)

• Vy
    8年前

anyone after a drink cabinet ?:) wandering in the Mill market Geelong

• Vy
    8年前

went to see if I can buy a coat rack..they must have sold my favourite coat rack :(

ended up with these instead lol locally made out of scrap..unit out of fence palings..the table mess mate and Blackwood :)

• SueM
    8年前
    Wow, Vy, they're lovely. They would match our dining table at our beach house (as posted earlier) as the table is also made out of recycled timber. Our table has fence palings, floor boards and wine box inlays (including one from Hill of Grace 2006 which we had at Christmas 2014), and the legs are from an old timber bridge in Queensland. I think I'll need to make a trip to Geelong to take a look!
  • Vy
    8年前

I'm having lunch will give you her details later..took a business card..reasonable pricing :)

• Vy
    8年前

left overs..lunch with a view

• Vy
    8年前

loved this piece too but looked a bit too dark so I gave it a pass :)

• wuff
    8年前

Great pieces Vy, are they going to beach house or home?

• SueM
    8年前
    I'd love the details, Vy, thank you! :)
  • Vy
    8年前

SueM ..you're welcome

looked everywhere..cleaned out my car as hubby booked it in for a service tomorrow ..no luck..cleaned out my back pack..my wallet no luck either..thought it might be down at the house..as was in such a rush getting back to avoid peak traffic..then it occurred to me..I had my phone out whilst browsing and well sometimes I slip things into the phone lol

so here it is lol

• Vy
    8年前

wuff for the beach house..I'm decluttering so will have to get rid of stuff lol we were given lots to furnish the house by relatives odds and ends when we first got it..I'm going through and sorting it out so anything that don't suit will go..just too much clutter..no room..

the table will be downstairs as a hall table ..the unit will be a bedside for one of the bedrooms.

I don't have room in our apartment for furniture ..

just got a quote for our dining chairs $225+ gst per chair to reupholster excluding the leather..leather will cost $350-800 per hide..will need 2 hides for the 8 chairs lol thought it might be a bit cheaper guess I was wrong lol

• SueM
    8年前
    LOL! Thanks Vy! It may be a bit before I get there, but when I do, I'll let you know. :D
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    7年前
    Here is my latest purchase and DIY makeover, painted fabric broyhill settee with chalk paint and fabric medium...two parts flat Bm paint one part fabric medium...two coats let dry and then wax...using a washcloth with texture to get into the fabric...when complete fabric feels like sunbrella and can be wiped down...this was an easy project took me three hours total with overnight between coat drying time. Fabric has linen look now.
    Luke BuckleさんはBrandi Nash Hicksさんにお礼を言いました
    7年前

That's an amazing transformation!

• Gallifrey
    7年前
    A vase that matches the pattern in our kitchen tiles and laser cut breezeway screens
    Luke BuckleさんはGallifreyさんにお礼を言いました
  • lynartist
    7年前
    How lovely Darleywright!
  • Vy
    7年前

looks great..you've got the magic touch Brandi

• Vy
    7年前

lovely find darylwright

• lynartist
    7年前
    Brandi, that looks new!!!
  • wuff
    7年前
    Brandi, the sofa transformation is fabulous, so clever
  • janbhan
    7年前

I never knew you could paint upholstery! I guess it has to be a smooth cloth. And reasonably clean.

Here fabric gets ingrained with dust and salt. I vacuum it, but eventually it starts to rot and splits. And that too after just a few years. Our grand cats don't help. We are about to get them for their summer hoildays. Son and partner are going to Spain and Portugal for 3 weeks. Cats express their dissatisfaction by clawing carpets and sofas. ... ah well. I spritz them with water when I catch them, so they do it while I'm not looking.

That vase is fantastic. Wonderful how something pops up that goes so perfectly with something you already gave. Thst's serendipity.

• cloudpants
    7年前
    Brandi - you should write a book or have your own TV show. Again, I am in awe!
  • SueM
    7年前
    I love the sofa's transformation, Brandi! It's amazing. It's got me thinking about some old hotel furniture I've seen (from the Windsor in Melbourne) where the fabric is discoloured from sunlight, but otherwise in great condition. Hmm...
  • Vy
    7年前

one of the prints I bought as souvenir from Hawaii..dad popped over the other night and asked us if it was of our youngest daughter ?come to think of it it does look very much like her..may be that's why I bought it..it was familiar..

Luke BuckleさんはVyさんにお礼を言いました
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Have you thought of getting an artist to sketch them? I have some, from Sydney. Was happy with all, except for my daughter's, will get that re done some day. The one of my hubby is a caricature and him to a T. There's one of me as a young woman, but not on display. I'm glad I got my first hubby and Mum done, as they're now deceased.

i did one each of my children when they were very young. They're ok.

• Vy
    7年前

Tribbletrouble ..yes the oldest two got theirs done as caricature ..not the youngest..when I have time I'll sit down and sketch them ..I can draw vaguely lol have done sketches of friends not of family..

• Vy
    7年前

of a friend ..

7年前

That's good! Have a go at your kids when they're watching TV. They sit still then! My daughter had her thumb in her mouth.

• Vy
    7年前

and another ..I sucked at art at school hehehe

• Vy
    7年前

I do them from photos much easier..kids can't sit still for very long

7年前

I can see the personalities in those people.

• jacinta_08
    7年前
    Latest addition - perfect for hot chocolate on this cold rainy winter's day ☺️
    Luke Buckleさんはjacinta_08さんにお礼を言いました
  • Vy
    7年前

jacinta_08 oh they are so very cute..

• Luke Buckle
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

@Gallifrey I would love to see more of your kitchen. Can you upload any more pics? (Could even put it in the before/after section if you also have shots of it before an update)

• Gallifrey
    7年前
    @luke buckle
    Not sure if you can see my Houzz ideas book for Casuarina Beach House. Also have an Instagram page
    @casuarina_beach_house. It is a new build so no before shots except during construction.
  • wuff
    7年前
    @galifrey great beach house, love it
  • KK1000
    7年前
    Crown minor pendant,not a great photo
  • Luke Buckle
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

So many amazing ideas on this thread.

• Vy
    7年前

latest addition to our family :)

• bigreader
    7年前
    Love them Vy. Pets without mess.
  • Vy
    7年前

bigreader wandered in for a browse and they caught my eyes and that was it..

with everything that's been going on they make me smile and that's all worth it..

• bigreader
    7年前
    Is all OK Vy? I noticed you weren't commenting much this last week. It is often the small things, that add a smile to our days, that help us through
  • Vy
    7年前

bigreader I'm okie..thanks for caring ..just need time to readjust kind of walked out on my job..so looking for stuff to fill in my time ..I hate being bored and sitting sround fiddling my thumb

been looking for courses to do and taking my camera out..

these I took yesterday in Warrandyte..