Houzz Logo Print
lindsey_aguilera

Tuftex Carpet on Stairs

Wanting to use Tuftex carpet on our staircase, is it vulnerable to dog nails? I worry about it getting snagged.
Stairs · 詳細

コメント (1)

• PRO
    S & J Biren Floor Covering
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Hi LIndsey, that is a very good question! I wish I could say that this carpet is dog nail proof.... but it really depends on how long those nails are, how sharp, and what the little critter is doing with them (is he digging or just catching a long nail in the carpet). The carpet in this picture is called Tracery, which is a loop, and typically carpet has pretty good adhesive holding it to the backing for most consumer use. That said, it is possible that a sharp nail *could* snag the carpet. This could happen with just about any loop carpet. The solution is simple-- keep nails trimmed, and buy a little extra carpet for repairs down the line. Many times you can fix a snag, just depends on how bad it is. We install a LOT of loop carpet on stairs-- it isn't usually a problem with dogs, more so with cats, which is why I always suggest getting some extra carpet. It's kind of like insurance-- you hope you never need it! Hope that helps! PS, I put in an inquiry to the mill and this is what they said:
    "Carpet
    in loop construction is more delicate in terms of snags. However I can
    tell you that style M6878 Tracery is very robust, and any snags caused by a pet
    can be easily clipped with scissors. Most of the times not leaving a
    visible defect. We
    have not received claims related to wear or snags caused by regular foot
    traffic. "