Houzz Logo Print
snoozii1

I love the look of an animal hide as the rug in the living room!

snoozii1
8年前
What's the desired size of a hide relative to the living room/sofa? Should you get the same size as you would a regular rectangular rug? Or should you get a smaller size since a hide is usually placed diagonally and doesn't go under the sofa (usually for a rectangular sized rug, it should be big enough that at least a portion of it is under the sofa). I can't seem to find anything on this matter on the web, but I love your use of hides in multiple projects! Thanks!
Madison Avenue | Living Room · 詳細

コメント (3)

• PRO
    Common Bond Design
    8年前

Thank you! We frequently use hides because of their extreme durability and because they break up the rectilinear shapes that tend to dominate modern living and bedrooms. I wish there was a formula I could give you, but the reality is that hide sizes are somewhat limited. Practically speaking, availability of the hide you want is going to dictate the size. (i.e. Holsteins tend to fluctuate within a small band of sizes, Longhorns in a different band, etc. Btw, the "zebra hide" in this photo is a painted cowhide.) The trick is really to place the hide so that that the furniture overlaps slightly, to create the illusion that the hide is anchoring the furniture arrangement, even if the hide is small. I'm sorry I don't have a more specific answer for you! Does this help?

snoozii1さんはCommon Bond Designさんにお礼を言いました
  • snoozii1
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Thank you for the quick reply, although still no easy answer. I supposed I'll buy whatever is the biggest that I can afford - you can never go wrong with big, right? I see some reasonably priced 5x7 or 6x8 on websites such as overstock.com...

• PRO
    Common Bond Design
    8年前

Your instinct is exactly right! Go for the biggest one your budget will accommodate :) I like ecowhides.com's quality and they often have sales.

• PRO
    Rugs Done Right
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Hello - We offer many animal hide (real and faux) rugs. We have thousands of rugs showing on our website, but can easily email you styles/colors that might better fit your needs! Just let us know. Kind Regards -Rugs Done Right

Let us know if you have any questions.