Houzz Logo Print
m_derevianko

Is having the whole flat painted white a bad idea?

I dream of an all white flat, to make it appear more light and airy. But wonder if I would always need to paint over little imperfections and keep it fresh? I would decorate it with green plants, bright coloured textured fabrics & cute rugs. Any idea if it's more hard work than its worth?

コメント (9)

• sajakobsen
    8年前
    Watching with interest - renovating 4 bed house and as have run out of money and decision making capability it will be all white too.
    Maria Dereviankoさんはsajakobsenさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Wood Window Alliance
    8年前

We painted our house Swedish white throughout. It gives a lovely light peacefulness throughout. I don't think it's any more work than any other colour. You might need to repaint the kitchen after 6 or 7 years...

Maria DereviankoさんはWood Window Allianceさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    AL PAINTING
    8年前

To keep it fresh you need redecorating every 5 years..

Maria DereviankoさんはAL PAINTINGさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Falchi Interiors
    8年前

It depends on the 'White' to harsh a white in our climate could make it a cold box! We are not in California...... a warm white would work very well.

Maria DereviankoさんはFalchi Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    The Inclusive Home
    8年前

We've gone all white in our house and previously in our flat! I like to bring in colour in fittings, pictures/photos and soft furnishings.

Maria DereviankoさんはThe Inclusive Homeさんにお礼を言いました
  • stabmonkey
    8年前

It's a good idea. You can always paint it a bright colour later. Like Inclusive Home, I also use accessories to add colour. My neutral bedrooms look quite different when I change the bedding.

Maria Dereviankoさんはstabmonkeyさんにお礼を言いました
  • tamp75
    8年前
    I think we're going mostly white in our place because I just can't decide on colours! Def all white upstairs (loft conversion) as it's just easier than having to cut in on the sloping ceilings. Makes it feel fresh & bright up there, not cold. Some wood & colour in accessories will help.
    Maria Dereviankoさんはtamp75さんにお礼を言いました
  • Jonathan
    8年前
    Completely agree with AJ- layer lots of whites for a more comfortable and sumptuous look
    Maria DereviankoさんはJonathanさんにお礼を言いました