Houzz Logo Print
anzella

Lamp, art or both?

anzella
8年前
Excuse the mess on the couch (my puppy peed on it! :( )

But what does everyone think should go in the right hand corner of this room?

I am thinking a lamp or a piece of art on the white wall? Would it be possible to do both?

Thanks in advance!

Angela

コメント (19)

• haephestus
    8年前

I'd probably go with some art to take the focus away from the TV.

• User
    8年前

What about a spot of greenery, always makes a space feel homely. Adds texture and a bit of colour.

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    8年前

Would you consider moving the TV unit over to the left a little to line up the centre with the air con unit? That would then leave plenty of room for a feature lamp or even a tall plant.

• anzella
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    You you think put the lamp on the tv cabinet? I meant more of a floor lamp in the corner
  • Gioenne Rapisarda
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

No no that's what I meant! If moved over, it would leave plenty of room in the corner for the floor lamp

• PRO
    Leigh Holt
    8年前

Hi Angela, The first thing I notice is the air conditioner that jumps out at you against the dark wall. I would reposition the entertainment unit -centred under the air con and add a large Raphis palm in the RHS corner and consider placing an artwork on the RHS return wall. This may draw your eye away a little and help balance things up in the space. You could also consider a larger entertainment unit that is higher to include bookcases either side etc and use up more of the room. The air con could sit above that depending on heights of course. This is an ikea one

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20306580/

anzellaさんはLeigh Holtさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Daniel Defino Design
    8年前

Hi Angela,

Would be great to see a few more shots of the rest of the room in order to suggest something for you. Post some more or email them directly to me at info@danieldefinodesign.com.

anzellaさんはDaniel Defino Designさんにお礼を言いました
  • anzella
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    The room flows from living, dining to kitchen. Which makes it difficult sometimes. I am trying to incorporate more warm elements like wood. Please excuse the mess!!
  • anzella
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    More pics
  • anzella
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

yes well i was going to wait a bit because puppy is chewing, including the architraves! :(:(:(

i had wondered about two artworks, i'm not sure if the area is too small? 160cm is the width of the white right hand side wall.

the air con has always bothered me, i cant believe i never thought to centre it with the cabinet. thankyou!

LEIGH - you dont think those cabinets would overwhelm the area? it has crossed my mind before...

• PRO
    Daniel Defino Design
    8年前

I would suggest a couple of things looking at the entire space. Firstly in that corner, Add either a black or timber (similar tone to the sideboard underneath mirror) floor lamp. This will create 'repetition' of colour or texture through the space helping the flow between dining and living rooms. Also, a rug would help make the space look a bit warmer in my opinion. Hope this helps.

• anzella
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

this is the lamp i was thinking. or something along these tripod style floor lamps.

and this was the lamp.

under all the awful covers i have on the couch to protect it from the puppy i have a nice cool grey coloured couch.

• PRO
    Daniel Defino Design
    8年前

I like the lamp. maybe with a black shade?

• PRO
    Lirash
    8年前

Hi Anzella,

I agree with Daniel Defino Design of placing a lamp with a dark shade. This product below projects a similar idea with a dark brass finish on the body, finished with a delicately carved glass radiating an appealing flamelight. The Tripod Shape of the product will enhance the modern appeal of the room. Placing this Tripod Corner Lamp next to the entertainment set, towards the white wall will be a good idea, as it will come out more as a whole with a white background, enhancing the overall aura of the room.

More information about this product can be found on https://www.lirash.com.au/product/tripod-corner-lamp/ 

Happy to assist with any query.

Kind Regards,

Lirash - the wrought iron gallery

• jaydub0
    8年前

^^ Nice lamp, but I can't see that ending well with a young dog and slippery floors.

I'd centre the cabinet under the air con and put a big plant in a shiny black pot in the corner--bringing balance with your black theme into the area. I would position the plant closest to the white wall--to contrast its leaves and shape--while still overlapping the corner to soften the line where the blue and white meet. I'd also add a rug to soften the living area.

Good luck with that puppy, happy days.

• Crystal Gui
    8年前

I vote for the lamp, especially with the bold color of the wall, I find the lamp having a softer touch to the room especially at night.

P/S I can't see the mess on the couch made by your dog, but for all the joy it brings. I'm sure it is worth it! ;)

• anzella
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

the mess i refer to is the 3 different sheets on the couch haha. but they are definitely worth it.... it's just so hard when the first puppy was a good little girl, but boys are always naughtier!!

• anzella
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

this is the lamp i have been lusting over for a little while...it is like a charcoal with a bright red cord