Houzz Logo Print
rbutt

can you mix hardware finishes

rbutt
8年前

I am building a new home and am getting ready to pick out door hardware and faucets. I am wanting to mix polished chrome and brushed nickel faucets with black or aged bronze door knobs? I am going for a rustic/country look.

コメント (3)

• PRO
    Myron Shenk
    8年前

I wouldn't be too concerned about mixing the finishes for door knobs and lighting/plumbing fixtures. This happens often by default...you don't want to use different door hardware for a single door in the hallway because that room has nickel fixtures.

It is great that you are considering these issues though. I would discuss your specific questions with your builder/designer. They should be able to offer a solution based on previous projects or past experience.

Best wishes and don't forget to post pictures of the finished product!

• SewingLadyDi
    8年前

I've never given a thought to my doorknobs working with my other fixtures. But mixing shiny & brushed finishes doesn't work for me. I have stainless appliances in my kitchen with brushed nickel faucets and light fixtures, but the cabinets hardware is an oil rubbed bronze with coppery highlights. Seems to work because the bronze looks better with the wood cabinets and the nickel looks good with the granite.

• PRO
    Twin City Hardware
    8年前

There is no "Golden Rule" on mixing different finishes on hardware. It all comes down to personal preferences. If you are okay with mixing silver tones with earth tones, then by all means feel free to mix the two together. Most of the time people see door hardware separate from the plumbing fixtures anyhow. There is also the option to split finish all your bathroom doors where the hallway side might be in your darker finish and inside the bath you can use the polished chrome or satin nickel. A lot of companies will allow you to do this with their door hardware at no extra cost. Please feel free to reach out if we can assist you with your project and give you more advice. 763-762-4888